Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sdmfer

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2009
Hey guys, as Im sure a lot of other people do, I use the phone in bed etc.

Sometimes I tend to check email etc while laying on my side....however, the stupid screen is always flip flopping around.

Wondering if there is any hacks to turn this feature off....

g2tegg

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2008
Sit instead of laying down.. Problem solved

On a serious note, Rotation Inhibitor works good. Combine it with SBS settings and its really easy to turn it on and off. That is, if your iPhone is jailbroken, which you did not specify.
Word of warning, I have heard this to affect your battery performance. Install it, try it, and if you find your battery dying faster then normal simply uninstall it.

Maverick1337

macrumors 65816
Nov 4, 2008
Sit instead of laying down.. Problem solved

On a serious note, Rotation Inhibitor works good. Combine it with SBS settings and its really easy to turn it on and off. That is, if your iPhone is jailbroken, which you did not specify.
Word of warning, I have heard this to affect your battery performance. Install it, try it, and if you find your battery dying faster then normal simply uninstall it.

can't you only use rotation inhibitor with sbsettings? I think if you install RI it will install sbsettings because that's the only way to toggle it

sdmfer

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2009
Thanks guys I'll try that for sure. Yes I am JBed on 312, and also have sbsettings installed.

Hopefully it doesnt affect my battery, but the toggle will be nice.

Thanks again!

sdmfer

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2009
There we go! Seems to work perfectly!

I'll report back on battery life tomorrow ;)

Later guys

amann76

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2009
MacWorld USA
beware that rotation inhibitor has been known to eat users batteries. I dont personally use it but there are plenty of threads with that determined to be the source of the battery drain

sdmfer

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2009
update (kind of)

so far its been 2.5 hrs since I unplugged my phone from charger. Used it to txt message a few times, screen brightness is at 50%, checked email a couple times and thats it, BUT its still showing 100% which so far is a good sign.

sdmfer

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2009
well after all night and using it on and off to check emails etc, my battery meter says 54%. Note i also have Bluetooth turned on as well. This says to me that so far it doesnt appear to be affecting the battery life... :) thanks everyone for you help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.