is there anyway to do video calls from iphone to ipod...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Che Castro, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Che Castro macrumors 603

iphone 4 firmware 4.0.1 to the new ipod touch firmware 4.1?

My last resort is to upgrade to 4.1 but i like my cydia apps

is there an app that can do this?

I tried that new one "Tango video calls" but it only works on iphones

?

2. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

Facetime on a 4.0.1 iPhone doesn't/can't facetime with the new iPod Touch? :confused:

3. Che Castro thread starter macrumors 603

no i think the iphone 4 has to be on 4.1?

or am i wrong?

4. frunkis54 macrumors 65816

frunkis54

yes to go iphone to ipod touch you have to have 4.1. 4 used phone number to facetime and 4.1 uses phone or email.

5. Che Castro thread starter macrumors 603

6. aluren macrumors 65816

I'm planning on getting an iPod Touch for my mom so we can facetime (I have iPhone 4, with iOS 4.1). Me and my gf both have the same iPhones and I tried facetime through email and it didn't work. Obviously I could facetime my gf's iPhone with her number, but I was trying to see if the email thing works.

I remember when I first enabled facetime, it had to register my phone number or something. Is there an option to register your email address? If not, then I'm wondering how an iPod Touch can facetime an iPhone 4 with an email address...

7. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

iPhone 4 to iPhone 4, it's only through the phone number. iPhone 4 to the new iPod Touch, it's through the phone number on the phone to the e-mail address on the Touch. On Touch to Touch FaceTime, it's email address to email address.
    And yes, the servers register your e-mail address and that enables FaceTime.

8. Maverick713 macrumors 6502

there is jailbreak for 4.1, so I jailbroke mine and I can facetime to my son's iPod touch works great.