Is There Anyway to Export Text Messages?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by NocturnalEVO, Oct 7, 2010.

1. NocturnalEVO macrumors member

Hey guys!

Just wondering, is there any way to export text messages off the phone to a computer? as text or anything.

2. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

Google mobilesync.

3. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

You can backup your phone to your computer, use BackupExtrator to extract the database from the backup and them use SQlite Database browser to read the SMS.db and extract all your sms'

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Or just copy the sms.db file off the iPhone and use SQLite Database Browser.

5. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

PhoneView does this on the Mac without having to access backups; it also creates its own archive of SMS/voicemail/call logs every time you plug the phone in, without you having to think about it. IIRC, you can export as plain text, comma delimited for a database, or as a PDF; you can also simply view them within the program.

And it has a ton of other features that are useful as well. It's saved me more than once when iTunes decides to lose media files from my MBP; just retrieve them from the phone and put them back on the computer. Lately I've also been using it in replacing files for themeing. Pretty versatile. Unfortunately they don't make a PC version.

6. Sparky9292 macrumors 6502a

http://www.ecamm.com/mac/phoneview/