Is there anyway to pay monthly fees on a Macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Kinkokoro, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Kinkokoro macrumors member

Using my existing Visa card, can I put down payments on a Macbook? (from Apple) and if not from Apple, anywhere else?
    I saw an option for Jupiter cards, but I rather not apply for any other card. I have many other expenses rather than saving up for a Macbook on my own, I'd like to pay monthly fees until it's been paid off.

Thanks,

Josh

2. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

When you configure a MacBook etc usually at the bottom of the page there is a button that says something like "see how you can get this by paying X amount each month".

3. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

I know it's frowned upon by many Apple fans, but CompUSA is almost always running specials that include interest free monthly payments for x number of months. I just finished paying off my PowerBook G4 on an 18 month same-as-cash payment plan. :)

4. Kinkokoro thread starter macrumors member

Are there any major disadvantages to monthly payments?

5. iuHoosier macrumors newbie

Uhhh... interest.

I have a Apple Juniper card and the interest is absolutely ridiculous.

6. McBeats macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I heard Juniper has some harsh interest rates.

7. StayingOccupied macrumors member

And they dont tell you until they accept you. So i just wanted to apply and get the credit limit but if you apply and youre accepted, you now have the card. They gave me a 22.2% interest rate. So i called them to see if it could get lowered, and they said no. (i have good credit) So i asked to cancel the card. Turns out they never canceled it and it still shows up on my credit report. So i had to call back 3 weeks later and have them cancel it again. They finally did this time.

8. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Keep in mind that "interest free" plans or "no payment for 90 days" plans are designed to make money from you -- if you are even 1 day late on the payment date, you could be paying a high rate of interest on the whole thing back to Day 1. They are counting on people being careless, and charging them up the wazoo once the offer terms are broken.

Also, some "No Interest" payment plans have an up-front "registration" or "Paperwork" fee that can actually be higher than any interest. A local store was offering a "1 year same as cash" plan for purchases greater than $100. The "administration fee" was $49.95. So if you bought a $300 item, and paid it off in equal monthly payments over one year, you would have paid approximately 33% interest on this "interest free" offer.

9. D0ct0rteeth macrumors 65816

D0ct0rteeth

If you dont have the cash, you cant afford it.

Buy a used powerbook.

I have a powerbook g4 1.67. They sell for around 700 bucks now, and it runs everything incl. CS3 without any issues.