Is there anyway to shut off an Epson projector?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sadie The Dog, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Sadie The Dog macrumors newbie

Hi, Im going to be gradudating this year and i want to screw with the teachers. Does anyone know if there anyway to shut off an Epson projector with my iPhone? I want to use it on the projectors at my school when there are clueless teachers around so i can shut them off or turn them on. I use the iPhone 6 with IOS 8.1.3 Thanks!!

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

If you have excellent hand eye coordination you might be able to toss your iPhone at the projector's power switch.

3. Sadie The Dog thread starter macrumors newbie

Haha, Very funny, but i would like a actual answer. I know that the galaxy have the function but i don't want to just buy a new phone just for this.

4. Bearxor macrumors 6502a

You'd actually have to do it twice, because the first time asks you to do it again for confirmation.

But seems like OP doesn't want to put any real work in to this "prank". A keychain IR remotes are plentiful and cheap.

5. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

6. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

Back in High School in the 90s we had to watch this thing called "Channel One" before class. It was a really bad newscast that had commercials in it. By some miracle the school used the same brand of TV (Magnavox) that I had at home.

At one point I started sneaking my remote in, and would surreptitiously turn it off in the middle of the newscast. I'd do this every day, making them think the TV was malfunctioning. They even called the company to check the TV, which of course had nothing wrong with it. I started messing with the volume too, turning it all the way up or down.

Eventually the teacher got tired of it and we didn't have to watch the thing for the rest of the school year. TV was unplugged. :) I was never caught, and I never told ANYONE, not even classmates. Bwa ha ha ha.