Is there even going to be a 3rd gen Ipod touch at the event?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ZunePodTouch, Sep 6, 2009.

1. ZunePodTouch macrumors newbie

The first and second gen units were leaked in full prior to their offical announcement, whereas they has been precious little info leaked about a piossible 3rd gen touch. Everyone assumes there will be, but it would not surprise me if this event turned out to be a total damp squib

2. Thomas Harte macrumors 6502

No they weren't.

On September 8 2008, all the relevant MacRumors post could say was stuff like "firmware hints have suggested that the new iPod Touch will see added functionality. We've speculated that the iPod Touch could get features to bring it more in line with the iPhone. If true, this could include one or more of the following features currently found only on the iPhone: GPS, external speaker, microphone, and camera." That's substantially less than full knowledge of what went into the 2G.

They were better in the run-up to the 2007 event, stating that "If we assume that 9to5 had legitimate information about the iPod Nano, we should pay special attention to their claims of a full size iPod which they are calling the iPod Touch. This revision (mocked up here) claims to be a thicker, iPhone-like device with OS X with a 480x320 pixel screen."

This time the main thing we have is a plethora of photographs of new case designs. This is at least as much information are previously.

My tip: if you're going to make up facts in order to troll, do it on a site without a search function.

3. MTI macrumors 65816

Yes, unlike the folks at Redmond, Apple doesn't make a product release announcement, give it to reviewers and then make consumers wait months for it to reach retailers. I guess they just think different.

4. NJMetsHero macrumors regular

I'd bet lots of money there will be a new touch monday.

5. Wishsong macrumors regular

Why do you still believe the Ipod touch 3g will fail to the Zune HD up to the point you don't believe it'll be released? Here's the biggest proof to an update: The Zune HD has a MUCH better price range compared to the 2g Touch. They have to at least revamp the prices, and Apple isn't the kind to do that without updating their product (which they have never failed to do each september).

6. Nams42 macrumors newbie

If this guy posts anymore crap like this, report him, and let the admins decide what should be done. Cause I'm at a loss.

7. fernande-mac macrumors regular

Well... All I can say is that if they do not announce the next update to the iPod touch line and/or their other iPod models, then they better have something good to show. Otherwise, it will be a waste of time and money for Apple to hold a keynote event where they only talk about cosmetic changes to their media players and some new features to iTunes. :)

I am hoping that the lower price point for the Zune HD promotes some good competition from Apple that would benefit us the consumers.

8. Wishsong macrumors regular

I know! Why does an ipod touch hater even come onto this forum?

9. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

He must work in Redmond...lol

The new Zune is interesting, there's no doubt about that; but most of us will probaly be happy to stay with the iPod touch and and the whole iPod experience.

I know I am.

10. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

NO they weren't!!!!!!! 2X :eek:

show us a website from 1 to 2 years ago! and i'll believe you!;)

11. ZunePodTouch thread starter macrumors newbie

12. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

13. br0adband macrumors 6502a

br0adband

I gotta say, like many others, that I'm disappointed in the iPod touch 3rd generation intro... the camera would have been a big thing, but not even bumping the battery life some, even a little, that's so unlike Apple I suppose.

Got a Zune HD ordered already anyway, now I have even less reason to regret the decision. Funny how myself and some commenters posting live reports from the event saw two things jump out during the iTunes 9 demo:

1) How much some aspects of the "new" iTunes look and feel just like the Zune 3.0 software...

2) The "Home Sharing" stuff... can you say HomeGroups? Step it up a notch: they even call them Libraries... I mean really, what is it they say about imitation? :D