Is there hope...Or nah

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by coolweirdo, Sep 12, 2014.

1. coolweirdo macrumors regular

coolweirdo

So this am woke up right on time to pre order on Apple's website but wasn't lucky enough to get thru... also went to at&t website ran into issues as well. could you guys give me advice or any words of encouragement or even help me with a game plan to land myself a iPhone 6+ 64,or 128gb model on friday when they launch on the 19th my location is orlando...

thanks

2. Frost17 macrumors regular

I would assume that the pre-orders that are available now aren't for launch day? So if I were you I'd stand in line and hope.

3. DVNIEL macrumors 6502a

DVNIEL

Get there early. Like the evening before early. If you're that desperate, pay someone to line up for you up until the night before, then take over and handle the rest.

4. 3squirrels macrumors newbie

I hope it's nice weather in Florida come Sept 19 because you'll be camping out if you want a Plus at this point.

5. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

I have some advice, dont get too caught up in a phone, wait a month or two weeks even when there's no lines or ordering, an you'll get it right quick.

6. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

The only way you going to get a Plus on launch day is to line up and line up early. Like before midnight on 9/18. The "flippers" are going to be lining up in huge numbers to get the Plus.

7. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Don't know at which store you're planning on lining up, but at least at Millennia, you can't get on property before ca. 5 am. I lined up there for the launch of the 4 and a bunch of people waited over at Krispy Kreme (which I think may have burned down, but you get the idea. Wait somewhere nearby.) and then there was a friggin' running of the bulls-type scenario once they let people into the parking lot. People on foot were just about getting hit by cars, etc. We all lined up outside Macy's, if I'm remembering right, and they let us in a little at a time and walked us down to a queue that had been set up outside the Apple store. They had 2 lines, one for reservations (they did reservations that year) and one for walk-ins. I was there until about 12:30 but I ended up with the phone I'd reserved.

8. karmatourer macrumors 6502a

karmatourer

I had good luck with Radio Shack last year-got it on Release Day. They are taking orders today. It was my backup plan this year but I got through with AT&T at 255am.In fact,the RS manager called me this a.m. to remind me.

----------

Was there an employee entrance at Millennia for early entrance or was that at another mall?

9. Kealohilani macrumors 6502

Some retailers take preorders in store (like Best Buy, Target, etc). But be very careful if you go this route. Every year there are a ton of complaints where people preordered and were high up on the list but the store didn't get enough phones to cover the preorder for months. I would suggest lining up at the Apple store really early the night before. This seems like it might be the best idea to guarantee a phone on launch day.

10. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

From the preorders it looks like there are very few Plus units to be had.

You will have to be lucky!

11. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

If there was, I don't know about it. As far as I know, we were all sent in through the same entrance.

12. dagored, Sep 12, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2014

dagored macrumors 65816

Join the club, tried for an hour and gave up. The 5 was easier to order. Just came from my AT&T store. Know the manager. Told me Mall will open and let us in at 7am on Friday and his store will open at 8.

Got the wife's phone there two years ago in the afternoon on launch day. No problem. I am in a Windoze centric area. That is probably why. She decided she wanted one after I had ordered mine and by that time it was 2-3 weeks on Apples site.

PLUS, he looked at my iPhone 5 - 32 gig and said i could bring it in at time of sale and they would take $400 (wife has one also) off the $855 (two year contract) for two 64 gig 6+ space gray iPhones. Thanks Apple, you did me a favor by keeping me out.

I will be outside the mall at 5am with fingers crossed.

13. macduke macrumors 604

macduke

Make a list of AT&T stores on the outskirts of town or in a smaller outlying community (there are plenty of these in Florida, lol). Call them the night before to confirm stock of the model you want. Line up early in the morning. 5am should be sufficient. If that location is already busy for some reason, try one of your alternatives (so make sure your alternatives are out of the way, but still within a few miles of each other if possible). Sometimes you can also bribe people for your spot in line. I remember when I was in line for the 3G or 3GS guys were buying spots from people near the front for $100. So if it's worth $100 to you, then go for it! Have fun :D

14. coolweirdo thread starter macrumors regular

coolweirdo

which store should i go to AT&T or Apple directly?? who do you think will offer the better chance of me getting the 6+ at this point i don't care what color or gb

anybody have any more stories on launch day trying to get the popular iPhone on launch at AT&T VS Apple

I'm near the FL Mall was thinking about going to the apple store there but then again that mall is very popular for the tourist that visit from out of the country

15. dagored macrumors 65816

Like macduke said. My store is in a low populated area and 5 minutes from my house. If I need to, there is another one 15 minutes away, but I think I'm good.

Stay away from high traffic areas.

16. Jizzles macrumors regular

Consider how fast the + sold out I'm assuming the stock at Apple stores will be limited too...sort of like the gold 5

17. coolweirdo thread starter macrumors regular

coolweirdo

how many you think they will have in stock on launch day? and i wonder since the orlando apple stores are pretty busy will they ship more

18. teamjaycub macrumors 6502

Apple stores definitely have more stock on launch day than carriers, but carrier stores are definitely less crowded. IDK where to go

19. coolweirdo thread starter macrumors regular

coolweirdo

last year for the 5s i remember i went to the AT&T store sat in line if i can recall i was 5th in line waited til the store manager open the store to tell us he only had 1 gold 64gb and the rest was space grey..

20. Jizzles macrumors regular

It just depends on the manufacturing and how many that certain Apple store has.

I remembered I did the ip4 waiting game at Apple and when they wouldn't let me buy it due to not being able to work with authorized user for the att account, I left the mall and walked several feet to the att store with success.

But I think every major launch since the 4 has been crazier and crazier.

21. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Yeah, I think I'd stay away from FL Mall for exactly that reason. It's gonna be STUPID-busy. I'd try for an Apple store as opposed to an AT&T store, though. Apple should have more inventory, but that's speculation on my part.

You might give the Altamonte store a try.

22. coolweirdo thread starter macrumors regular

coolweirdo

good idea!! from past experience do you know the line up rules at the altamonte location

23. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

You should go to your nearest Apple store now. Camp out. Take a sleeping bag with you, it's 7 days, and it could get cold.

You may get a iPhone 6+. Or not.

24. coolweirdo thread starter macrumors regular

coolweirdo

let me guess you ordered your this morning...

:mad::mad:

25. coolweirdo thread starter macrumors regular

coolweirdo

if the malls won't let you on property til 5am what will be a good strategy to get possibly a good spot in line to guarantee a i6+