is there imac 2012? cuz i just bought one and it is mid 2011 model

mbpkid

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 26, 2011
is there imac 2012 out yet? because i just bought one and it says it is mid 2011 model

mbpkid

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 26, 2011
oh ok thanks i thought i got scammed by apple lawl

and im gona be pissed if they release a new one this year Dx

b166er

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2010
Philly
well you obviously know about this website...... did you know there is a buyer's guide on here? That's what brought me here in the first place.

HurryKayne

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2010

and im gona be pissed if they release a new one this year Dx
Well its over 500 days now the 2011 is on sales and the year is at its end so
Apple could update it soon..hopefully.

iMcLovin

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2009
Well there's a 50/50 chance a new one is coming this year. Question is how you like to gamble ;)

mcpix

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2005
I'm still thinking that we'll see an iMac refresh this month.

The only thing that has me second guessing, is the absence of the typical leaks before a release. We saw lots of leaks leading up to the iPhone 5, and we're now seeing leaks about the iPad Mini. All the info we've had on the iMac update has come from analysts.

Here's hoping we see a new iMac release soon!

damir00

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2011
Very good chance of no iMac update this year, so you're not really missing out on anything.

Enjoy your new machine!

edry.hilario

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2010
...and it has been "coming in less than 30 days" for the past year.
i dont what youre talking about, go to rumors page of the imac youll see there its says sep to october for the launching dates i dont know why people thought otherwise.

forty2j

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
NJ
You did.. just not in the way you were thinking. :p

There's a high likelihood of a new model coming out by the end of this month, which will cost about the same but have much newer components and be supported by Apple with software updates further in the future.

damir00

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2011
i dont what youre talking about, go to rumors page of the imac youll see there its says sep to october for the launching dates i dont know why people thought otherwise.
What he's talking about is there was the same "this month" rumor 9 months ago. And 7 months ago. And 5 months ago. And 3 months ago.

forty2j

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
NJ
What he's talking about is there was the same "this month" rumor 9 months ago. And 7 months ago. And 5 months ago. And 3 months ago.
False.

We've had logical dates we were projecting along the way, but the only published rumors have pointed to Sept/Oct - except for about 2 days in July when we thought some stock #'s might be iMacs but they were rMBPs.

d0nK

macrumors 6502
Nov 4, 2011
UK
:rolleyes:
Everyone expected it to be released soon after Ivy Bridge was released in April.
Everyone thought it was going to be released in June at WWDC.
Have you been living in a box?

forty2j

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
NJ
:rolleyes:
Everyone expected it to be released soon after Ivy Bridge was released in April.
Everyone thought it was going to be released in June at WWDC.
Have you been living in a box?
What you're missing is the difference between "everyone (here) expected" and "there's actual published reports from many sources giving credence". Before, we accepted that there was nothing, and we speculated. (Back then, reports of "fall" came out, and we scoffed at them.) Now, we're much closer to knowing.

ctdonath

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2009
I was eagerly awaiting its announcement a year ago. This thread predicting iMac 2012 started November 2011. Given what we did & didn't know back then, it indeed seemed the still-expected iMac was imminent. In retrospect it seems stupid, but we didn't know what we know now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.