Is there new Iphone udates coming out soon...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tttexxan, Jul 4, 2007.

1. tttexxan macrumors 6502a

I have seen several threads on different forums about Safari crashing while using apps such as google and itunes..

2. FreeState macrumors 68000

FreeState

Im sure there will be several in the next few months. The last rumor I saw as to a date was the 5th of July (it was in one of the hack threads about activating the phone - I do not know where they got the date or if it is even reliable).

If you are having crashing problems try powering down and then back up - this usually fixes it for a day or so.

3. tttexxan thread starter macrumors 6502a

Actually my iphone has been working great without issues.....However, I was reading on other forums as well as macrumors issues with itunes and Safari...

What happens is this

1. Start out in Itunes and play a song
    2. Go to Safari and just start surfing like normal either edge or wifi
    3. Apperently half way through a song or two itunes will stop and safari will shut down taking user back to home screen.

I probably would have never noticed because I dont surf and listen to music at the same time.

Others are wondering if they should return thier units or just wait for a software update...Since there are no other issues with my phone Im not returning it.....Up return you might end up with something more problamatic

4. cdd543 macrumors 6502

cdd543

Mine doesn't do that thankfully as I surf and listen to music a lot. I have had at least one safari crash though. It will be nice to see an update to see whst they address first.

5. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

I would suspect that Apple will wait another week before an update comes out.

No sense in sending out 2-3 updates in 2-3 weeks.

They will wait for another few days....find out MAJOR tweeking needs...release update...and wait awhile again for bigger issues

Just my 2 cents :apple:

6. Nall macrumors regular

I think this is actually just speculation based on iTunes's scheduled checks for software updates.