Is there no 4.3 jailbreak for Verizon iPhone?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by cowbellallen, May 8, 2011.

1. cowbellallen macrumors regular

I just checked out the iPhone Dev Team's blog, looks like the latest jailbreak is only GSM compatible. Any Verizon users try installing it anyways?

While I'm on the topic, if I have a phone that has greenpois0n on it and want to switch to a different jailbreak, what would I have to do?

2. blevins321 macrumors 68030

There isn't a jailbreak for the 4.3 on the Verizon iPhone because 4.3 for the Verizon iPhone doesn't exist ;)

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Like the poster said above the latest firmware for the verizon iphone is 4.2.8 and there is an untethered JB for it using snowbreeze.
    And I dont get the other question. If your iphone is JB already why would you want to switch to a different JB? That doesnt make much sense.

4. blevins321 macrumors 68030

I think he meant that if there is a jailbreak of the 4.3 version and it isn't via GreenPoison, how does he 'switch'. Easiest way (if you don't mind redownloading apps) is to let iTunes upgrade you to the newest version (erasing the jailbreak) and then just rejailbreak using whatever new method that you choose.

5. cowbellallen thread starter macrumors regular

Cool, thanks! That's exactly what I meant. I didn't realize Vierzon iPhone was on 4.2.8

6. 3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

So I am a little confused about this, sorry....

Let me see if I have this right, the 4.28 Snowbreeze is only for windows and there is no other current JB for Verizon cdma iphone currently.

I am on 4.26 and should sit tight until one comes along.
    If someone could confirm this I would appreciate it!