Is there no password protection?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sweetie81, Oct 23, 2007.

1. sweetie81 macrumors regular

Hey soon the iPhone is coming to the UK and I'm really looking forward to buying the iPhone.

However, I noticed that there doesn't seem to be a passwort protection at boout-up. So if my mobile would have been stolen everyone could use it, couldn't they?

Plus if there would be a password protection any person standing beside me would see what my password is because of the nice big keyboard. isn't that a problem for you iPhone users?

Just curious what you think about it.

2. chas0001 macrumors 6502a

chas0001

You can assign a device password (that is enabled when the device sleeps/restarts) and a sim password.

3. sweetie81 thread starter macrumors regular

Thnx!

4. Bernie-Mac macrumors 65816

After about 3 days of having your iphone you will learn to trust the auto-correction and text with both hands really fast so the person behind you will just see a bunch of letters popping up and 2 thumbs moving really fast and their brain wont be able to figure out what you typed:)

5. sweetie81 thread starter macrumors regular

Sounds fine. Let's hope the computer won't save the password somewhere because you mentioned auto correction.