Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

killr_b

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2005
Suckerfornia
I certainly do not agree with your reasons for getting one, and do not see how anyone except neo-nazis or white supremacists would see it as fun.

That being said, I don't think you looked very hard, an image search on Google pulled up three theatrical costume stores that have the full attire.

I know your views on the matter won't change, but do keep in mind that wearing such an outfit in public is quite distasteful, rude, and ignorant. For your own sake, be careful who you wear that around.

Funny, California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger often wears full Nazi garb to costume parties and give gifts of Nazi collectables to his friends, colleges and visiting political leaders.

JLatte

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2005
San Diego
Funny, California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger often wears full Nazi garb to costume parties and give gifts of Nazi collectables to his friends, colleges and visiting political leaders.

And that makes it right, how?

By the way, please show me a link to anywhere that has a picture of this?

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004

It's worse than that!
85705YeGD_w.jpg

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
Uh, you posted this in a public forum. What did you expect would happen? And enlightened? Wondering why people have such a problem with it? Really?

There's a reason why people don't like this, why it's hard to find such a costume, and you very well could get beat up.

Good luck with that. :rolleyes:

AlBDamned

macrumors 68030
Mar 14, 2005
His real name is Henry.

Learn something new every day. Seriously I did not know that and I'm pretty sure I've never heard anyone say anything about it before. Crazy :)

But still, it's a pretty dumb thing to wear if you ask me.... (Link)

Attachments

• Picture 1.JPEG
    Picture 1.JPEG
    37.4 KB · Views: 2,697

scotthayes

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2007
Planet Earth
Learn something new every day. Seriously I did not know that and I'm pretty sure I've never heard anyone say anything about it before. Crazy :)

full name is Henry Charles Albert David

and even he only wore the nazi uniform to a fancy dress party, and not "just for fun sometimes"

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
I can't see how people wouldn't be offended by that. I hope you don't find one, and grow up at the same time.

I think it's funny. Would you be offended if someone dressed as Bush? A Samurai? English Kings of old?

On another note, I went to a "Good and Evil" party, where you had to dress up as either a good person (eg: superhero, police, fireman), or an evil person (eg: Darth Vader, a witch, a killer, or...say, Hitler). A friend of mine dressed as Hitler, pulled it off VERY well, and didn't offend anyone in the process, not even some Jewish friends. At the time, everyone thought it was funny, and fit the theme well. Also, everyone wanted to take a photo with him with one arm in the air. ;)

I think Prince Harry went to a Good and Evil party, and didn't go to just a regular party dressed as Hitler, thinking it'd be funny.

To each his own. Funny thing is, Hitler would have loved to kill this guy.

The swastika is a religious symbol in many parts of the world. I've seen one in Japan, and several in Taipei, Taiwan. One swastika was on a wall-sized cloth hanging in one of the main shopping areas of Taipei.

AlBDamned

macrumors 68030
Mar 14, 2005
I think it's funny. Would you be offended if someone dressed as Bush?

Hardly the same, although he (Bush) is giving it a good go.

The swastika is a religious symbol in many parts of the world. I've seen one in Japan, and several in Taipei, Taiwan. One swastika was on a wall-sized cloth hanging in one of the main shopping areas of Taipei.

Not to mention a nice tribute in San Diego.... :rolleyes:

scotthayes

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2007
Planet Earth
That's the issue I think, for a fancy dress party, then I don't see the issue. It's the fact the OP wants one to "wear for fun sometimes", now that is just strange...

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
This thread has been reported numerous times, and while I don't think it has degenerated into the kind of flame-fest I would have expected from reading the title, it is clearly in dubious taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.