Is there no way to insert a photo in an existing mail draft?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Knowlege Bomb, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I know you can email pictures. My situation is this:

I'm attempting to sell my iMac on CL. I've got pictures of the side of the box will all the specs ready because every email I've got has asked for them. When I hit reply and it brings up the draft to send back, is there a way to insert the pictures in there? I haven't been able to find it.

Instead, I have to write the person's email down (or add it to my address book, which I don't want to do) because you can't copy it. Then I have to go into my photos app and select the pictures to send via email. Then either type in the address or select from my address book.

Maybe it's just me but this seems extremely counter-productive.

2. WickedRabbit macrumors regular

If you're talking about attaching a picture to a reply in an email on the iPhone the flat out surprising answer is No. You would have to copy the image and then paste it in. It's pretty retarded that it's been 3 years and Apple's email program is still years behind that of everything else on the market. Apple really dropped the ball a lot in the email program and focused on everything but making their email suite actually useful. Instead, they made it pretty. Typical Apple: form over function.

It's also annoying there isn't a unified "inbox" like BlackBerry and other smartphones so you can see everything in one field, no mass "mark as read" (have to open everything one by one) and I can go on about a ton of other little things that are annoying about their email client.

Perhaps OS 4.0 a year or more from now we'll get more basic features that we should have had from day one. Hurray?

3. Vegeta-san macrumors 6502

I don't get it Wicked...What's the damn problem? You answered his question and gave him a good answer at that. He can simply copy and paste the picture INTO the email draft....You dont have to begin the email from the photos app. You can just copy and paste the pic in...Isn't that your issue OP?

4. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

Why not just copy the pictures and paste them in the email?

5. WickedRabbit macrumors regular

just because you have a way to do something doesn't mean it's a good way - and how difficult would it have been to just add an attach file button? It's one less step from having to exit the app and then going to pictures, returning to mail to paste. It's called function and I suppose responses like yours is why apple made us wait 3 years for copy and paste because unfortunately there are too many people that are just willing to settle when you could have more. Or in the iPhone's case typically: you could have standard features that every other phone has

6. nehunte macrumors 6502

nehunte

I have to agree. iPhone email gets two thumbs down. :confused:

7. Knowlege Bomb thread starter macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Well the copy-paste method isn't quite as bad as having to start a new draft. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't something I was missing.

Thanks!

8. monta17 macrumors member

Yes!

If you've already started typing an email and want to add a photo, just Multitask (click the home button twice) and go to "Photos" and select "Camera Roll".

Then, (before selecting a photo) click on the "Share" button at the top right (it looks like a box with an arrow coming out of it). Select the photo (you can actually select more than one - I think the limit is 5 but I'm not sure) and at the bottom you have 4 choices - select "Copy".

Now Multitask back to your Email (your message should still be open) and "Paste" by touching a spot and holding until you get the pop up selection (Select, Select All, Paste). And that's it!

Hope this helps.