Is there photoshop for the iPad 2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Breezy9008, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Breezy9008 macrumors newbie

Hello! I am thinking of purchasing an iPad 2 simply because I cannot afford a Macbook Pro which is what I really want. I currently own a PC and I have photoshop CS4. My question is will Photoshop CS4 run on an iPad 2? If not will any photoshop run on an iPad 2 that is not only the basics? I don't want photoshop express.

2. drewc1138 macrumors 6502

No...you'll only be able to run apps from the App Store. At this time, Adobe hasn't released a version of Photoshop for the iPad, though there are rumors that one is in the works.

3. Breezy9008 thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh okay. I thought so but sadly didn't want to believe it. Thank you Drew!

4. macrat macrumors regular

Check out these top iPad Photography Apps:

Snapseed (the best, in my books!)
    Photogene
    Filterstorm Pro
    PhotoStudio HD
    PS Express (my least favorite)

I have all the above and unless you really take lousy pictures, these are excellent photo-editing apps. Not as complete as your CS4 but with practice you can create some awesome images. Once you get your own workflow in place, they're all so easy and intuitive to use on the iPad and will make your processing a lot faster than you can do with CS4. They have a good number of presets that are also ready for your use, specially if you don't have a "creative touch"

5. Liquinn Suspended

I'll check these out, are these apps free to download?

Cheers

6. macrat, Jul 27, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2011

macrat macrumors regular

Some of them have Free apps that you can try out. However, with Snapseed ($4.99), you cannot go wrong. Definitely a must have if you do any photo-editing in the iPad, even recommended/endorsed by some famous pro photographers. Check out their website

http://www.niksoftware.com/snapseed/usa/index.php

7. Liquinn Suspended

Thanks for the info! :D

8. Ecoh macrumors 6502a

Ecoh

Just wanted to make another recommendation for Snapseed. It really does a lot for $4.99 !

9. darngooddesign macrumors G3

There was a story several months ago that Adobe was making photoshop for the iPad. It won't have the full feature set of CS4, but honestly you don't need all of that on the iPad, but it should be nice none the less.

10. psonice macrumors 6502a

My confidence in photoshop being possible on the iPad: high.

My confidence in adobe as a company being capable of making it: very low :(

11. Trouser Cough macrumors member

Trouser Cough

Crowded Busses, Cramped Elevators, Taco Bell
    another +1 for snapseed. I just spent 4 months with no laptop/desktop, only my iPad2 (spilled coffee on my MBP, decided to go "zen" for a few months) and the iPad2 + Camera connector kit + a few good apps = a pretty powerful photo tool.

Apps I like for general crop/sharpening/curves:

Photoforge2 (this is my go-to app to start, does a LOT)
    Photogene (not bad, but ever since PF2 was released, haven't used it at all)

For color grading/styling, I like:
    SnapSeed (must have)
    SwankoLab (this is an iPhone app, but produces the same great results on the ipad)
    Noir (for the best Black & White images you can possibly produce on an iOS device)
    Picture Show (not sure if this is iPad native, but it's great for adding fake DoF from iPhone4 shots)

I have since purchased a 27" iMac, and you know what? I haven't done any photo work on it at all...the iPad is just too damn fast.

12. h00ligan macrumors 68030

The biggestissue with any of the good iPad photo apps is sharpening. I have yet to find one in which a good step sharpening workflow can be found. Additionally the pixel density of the screen makes it difficult to optimize sharpness. So for landscapes, I find iPad tough.

I just downloaded photo forge. First immediate fail is white balance. The way they set it is stupid as hell. Looks like an extremely gimmicky app so far...wouldnt be on my list. I'll give it more of a chance though.

Edit,

Aking for a refund on photo forge. Any app that executes a function and causes a hard lock requiring a hard reset and incapacitated my iPad for five minutes in the process is a pile of ****.

13. Trouser Cough macrumors member

Trouser Cough

Crowded Busses, Cramped Elevators, Taco Bell
    Never had any issue with white balance, usual workflow is to use curves to get a good, natural balance. Are you using an iPad2? I've never had any issue with PF2 on mine.

On a side note, you gotta calm down dude. Snap judgements and statements like that are reason enough to switch to decaf.....

14. h00ligan macrumors 68030

Im calm. It's just a useless app. iPad 2, applied sharpening..hard lock iPad.

Not good

There are other good choices...filter storm is another one.