Is there right click options for MAC

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by liberty1990, Aug 24, 2008.

1. liberty1990 macrumors newbie

I am a new user to mac. Needless to say I heavily relied on my rt click options in windows.

Not sure if my mouse is not functioning correctly or what. Simple commands such as cope, past, cut, select etc. would be helpful.

I have at least figured out the long keyboard shorcuts using the command key.

Any help would be much appreciated. :)

2. Aranince macrumors 65816

There is a right click. You can either hold command while you click, or if your using the Mighty Mouse you can lift your left finger off the mouse and click with your right.

3. firstapple macrumors 6502a

firstapple

You have to go to:

System Preferences -> Keyboard & Mouse

And then in the Mouse section, you have to enable secondary clicking.

[​IMG]

Welcome to Macs and enjoy!

4. jsm4182 macrumors 6502

If you are using any mouse other than the mighty mouse right click should work automatically. If you are using a mac notebook you can turn on the two finger right click in the trackpad settings.

5. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

If you are not using a mouse, and not using keyboard commands, you can click and also press down either the command key or the control key (both will work when you click and that will give you the right click function, although obviously, not at the same time. I've used both, and they work). I'm a recent switcher, and it took me a bit of time to work out the right click function. Good luck with your new computer, and enjoy the Mac world. Cheers.

6. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

You need to turn it on in System Preferences. Also Apple (Command) +C, V, & S are copy, paste, and save, respectively.

It's also "Mac".

7. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

It's not command, it's Control-click.

8. agentphish macrumors 65816

agentphish

You referred to "long keyboard shortcuts".

May I ask whats so long about them? They're actually quicker than using the mouse. I'd suggest you learn the OS keyboard shortcuts, as they make far more sense than they do in Windows. You'll love it!