is there risk to changing partiion size in cydia memory?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by palckofv, Oct 27, 2010.

1. palckofv macrumors regular

It seems that 888 MB aren't enough for me...I keep getting the popup that my memory is almost full and I need to delete photos and videos. I checked the memory in cydia and it's 100% full and I've already had to re-jailbreak once bc it got full and I couldn't update or add any packages in cydia. So my question is, should I jailbreak again with Pwnge and do expert mode and make the partition bigger than 888? Is this risky? Thanks for the help! Or if you have a better suggestion I'm all ears

2. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Your programs are not installed on the partition. Look at storage under manage.
    Learn to pare down.

3. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

The default partition size should really be plenty. Have you perhaps placed a bunch of files in folders outside of /var/mobile/?

4. palckofv thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Storage in cydia is where it's 100% full. I still have almost 7gb left to put apps vids and music on. And no I haven't used ssh to put anything in my phone. Thanks for the replies