Is there room for two hdd's?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Adam0306, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Adam0306 macrumors regular

Adam0306

I was wondering if there was room for a second hdd for the one in my sig. Reason is I want an SSD for the operating system and apps and then use the one that came with it and use it basically as storage. I was considering getting something like a 64GB SSD. Just enough for OS X and possibly Windows:rolleyes: using Bootcamp. Is this possible or would it be better just to stick where I'm at? I am not hurting for space so that's not an issue. Any feedback would be helpful.

2. toxictrix macrumors 6502a

3. Adam0306 thread starter macrumors regular

Adam0306

No that's fine I can deal with it then. Thanks

4. NeGRit0 macrumors 6502a

NeGRit0

How hard would this be for the normal person to install? I have already swapped out the original HDD and RAM with ease, but never attempted anything more serious than that...

5. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Well i shouldn't be that hard. You can use ifixit.com walk thru. Just a matter of removing a few screws and connectors.

6. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

As said above, plenty of guides available. The superdrive is far easier to get at in the Unibody than in some previous models too.

7. NeGRit0 macrumors 6502a

NeGRit0

I actually have a 2.4 Blackbook, but i will most definitely check out the ifixit and see if its something i can tackle. Thanks for the help guys. ;)