is there some facebook group to wake apple on the imac issue?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Overg, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Overg macrumors 6502

is there some facebook group like:
    we want imac?
    or apple where is the imac?

2. mixel macrumors 65816

mixel

Apple already know. I bet hundreds of people have emailed Tim Cook about the iMac and Mac Pro refreshes already! You cant force Apple's hand on this one, they wouldn't be delaying the update without a good reason. :eek:

3. Puevlo macrumors 6502a

Yes, several. Apple have said they will release the next iMac when it gets to 150,000 likes.

4. oronll macrumors newbie

It is coming this year. This year is half over. Be patient.

5. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

Yes, but they want a ****load of posts in their wall, too.

6. washburn macrumors 6502

can someone please explain what could possibly be the delay? all the parts seem to be out...why is Apple holding back with this

7. oronll macrumors newbie

Could be anything. Waiting on certain hardware availability? Did not want to launch along side the the new MBPs?

8. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

We don't know what parts are going into it - is it just a refresh in the same case (like the Mac Air) or is it a complete redesign (like the Retina Pro)? If it's a major redesign there may be parts not available yet, or not in quantity.

Also, laptops vastly outsell iMacs, and iPhones vastly outsell laptops. With a big laptop launch now, and (presumably) a bigger iPhone launch in September, it may not be practical from a supply chain point of view to launch iMacs now.

I'm betting on an early November launch, in time for the holiday buying season.

9. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

Yes, because Apple alters their release schedule based on what people say and do on Facebook....

*facepalm*

And remember, just because Ivy Bridge is now available, doesn't mean the other parts (i.e. GPU) are readily available that they want to use in the next Generation iMac.

10. MR.BUTTON macrumors member

apple is way too behind for refreshing. now they are more focused on the notebook lineup. i'm sure they are working on the new desktops, hope it's a redesign or something exciting. i think apple is going to upgrade the desktop lineup when ML comes out. around july 20th.

11. New Apple macrumors regular

why Facebook when you can have Tim phone number ?

12. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

Have you read any of the other threads on the subject?

The most logical theory to me is that they've gone exclusive to Nvidia for the GPU, and they wanted to use the top card (GTX 680m) in the top 27" model but they had to wait for Nvidia to actually ship the card. You still can't get any computer with a 680m in it before July, but at least it actually has a ship date now.

13. washburn macrumors 6502

no, its all over the place and no specific answer...

anyway, I realize no one knows for sure why there is a delay, but I just wanted to get a general idea...

thanks!

14. Caliber26 macrumors 68000

Caliber26

LOL, I don't know about that one... In my opinion, there was no reason why they couldn't have released the iPhone 4S last summer. I doubt the extra months were needed to add Siri and the spec bumps. Granted, I could be wrong, but given the final product we got from Apple, it feels like they only waited just so they could shift the iPhone cycle into a fall schedule. Maybe that's a "good reason" for them but, as you saw, all it did was disappoint a lot of people that were convinced that the long wait meant a redesigned iPhone 5 was on the way.

15. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

I believe it was part transition to the fall, and part the 4S was a "Plan B" device and "Plan A" failed. I believe that iPhone 5 teardrop design was real; it just had production issues.

16. mixel macrumors 65816

mixel

Haha. I'd love to see any proof of that.

edit: LOL just realised you were joking. Jeez I'm slow.

17. radiohed macrumors regular

Yes, we need to bring this to Apple's attention. They completely forgot that they didn't update the iMac. :rolleyes: They were too busy working on the retina ipod classic and a new 256gb shuffle that is the size of a dime. :rolleyes:

18. Adam552 macrumors 6502

No point installing and shipping Lion on new Macs when Mountain Lion will be out soon. Also maybe drivers have only been made for ML.

19. driftless macrumors demi-god

driftless

I can't wait until Facebook goes the way of myspace, yahoo, etc. .........

20. Mister Bumbo macrumors 6502

Amen!

21. xgman macrumors 601

xgman

22. racher macrumors member

You're so right! Apparently the product manager for the iMac link feel asleep at his desk. Let's start a Facebook page so someone at Apple will nudge him awake. :)

-racher