Is there some kind of remote file manager?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by atticusmas, Apr 25, 2011.

1. atticusmas macrumors newbie

Hey everybody, i have a quick question about my server i run. i run a server for a game called minecraft and the server runs plain old ubuntu. i have an MPB and in the past i have been using VNC but that is slow and really clunky, so i want to find a program that just lets me use the file manager just like i would on my mac to transfer files to my ubuntu server. if this is possible and i am sure it is, what program should i use?

thanks everyone

atticusmas

2. atticusmas thread starter macrumors newbie

File sharing program?

so i want to run an ubuntu server with the ubuntu server edition on a computer and i want to know if there was some program i could use to browse the files on the ubuntu server, like a gui program i can use on mah MBP to browse the files on the ubuntu server. thanks

3. simsaladimbamba

Can't you browse the files/folders on that server via Finder, if the server is on the same internal network as you are?
    Doesn't the server show up under "Shared" in Finder? Can you connect the server via CMD+K?

4. atticusmas thread starter macrumors newbie

well, i didnt know because i have not run the server on ubuntu server edition so thanks