Is there something like this?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by james714x, Sep 17, 2012.

1. james714x macrumors member

Ok I'm getting my new ipad (ipad3) and I decided to get the 4g version.

I think I'm gonna shift my course to Film Making. Will the 32 gb suffice? Or should I get the 64gb? since sooner or later the additional space would save me...

Also, going back to 4g. Are there any other way of receiving phone calls other than using an earphone or bluetooth headset? I don't own an ipad yet so I have no idea. I heard you can't accept phone calls through speaker is that true?

I'm imagining something like a pen that has a speaker which I will clip in my shirt. I mean, when I go to school, it would be crazy to talk to someone with the ipad in your ear. The tablet nearest to that would be the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 with the BT S pen. But the I like the retina display of apple :(

Also, is it so much better to edit with apple?

I hope you guys could help me here xD All replies are greatly appreciated.

2. donnaw macrumors 65816

1). When in doubt get the most storage. But some folks use cloud storage and love it. Personally I don't because it's not always avaliable for me. YMMV

2). iPads only receive 'calls' if you use some VOIP service (like Skype) or FaceTime. It doesn't have standard phone capabilities. However both FaceTime and Skype (the only ones I've ever used) ring and you can just talk to the iPad so yes, you can accept calls through the iPad. I've never used a BT headset or even a wired one but I suppose both would work. I'm sure somebody else will chime in.

3. james714x, Sep 17, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2012

james714x thread starter macrumors member

^
    but how about the sim slot in the ipad3? Shouldn't it supposed to work like a cellular phone just as how my brother's Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 can make and receive calls? Any idea why they made it that way - only suitable for VOIP service?