Is there something that backs up Cydia apps and settings?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by mixvio, Aug 2, 2010.

1. mixvio macrumors 6502

My question got lost in the thread about the 3.2.1 jailbreak, so I'll ask it here. :p

Is there anything that backs up Cydia applications so they can be restored after a jailbreak? I saw PkgBackup, but all that accomplished was wasting some money. The first time I tried to do it after buying a replacement iPad it kept telling me there was no backup saved, even though there was one and I was staring at it.

I'd really love a tool that accomplishes this, are there any?

2. Lord Egregious macrumors member

I stole this from another thread and am trying it out right now so I don't know if it will work perfectly or not.

- Appbackup (backs up any Cydia applications in case of restore. Open it, backup all, then sync to iTunes which copies the appbackup file to your computer so if your iPad needs to be rejailbroken everything will be installed as your last backup by installing Appbackup then restore.

That was from bedifferent so big ups for him.

3. mixvio thread starter macrumors 6502

I saw that, but according to its description it only backs up App Store stuff. I was under the impression it's just intended for use with things obtained through Hackulous.

At any rate I installed it just to cross my fingers, but all it does for me is crash as soon as I open it, over and over. No luck.

4. j3yq macrumors 6502

j3yq

It's a paid app, called like page back up or along those lines. It's located on the cydia home page for apps that you have to pay for.

5. mixvio thread starter macrumors 6502

PkgBackup is what you're thinking of, I think; I mentioned that in my OP. It didn't work for me either. I made a backup and it was present, but when I tried to restore it it told me there were no saved backups.