Is there something wrong w/ my "usage" meter in settings?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by STC, May 23, 2008.

1. STC macrumors 6502a

I had this phone for 5 days. I noticed immediately in settings that in the "Usage" bar it says how many hrs talk/standby the phone has been used. Thats a cool lil feature I thought to myself.

Yesterday I saw there there wasnt the usage meter. So I click on Usage and it says "Usage tmes will be shown after iPhone is fully charged". I charged it fully, I see the usage times again - good deal.

Today I used the phone a lot (iPod, watching vids, etc) and ran the battery down to 1/2. Now the same "Usage times will be shown......" msg is back.

Is this normal for the usage meter to disapear even when the battery isnt fully used?

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Not normal, mine has never done that. Visit the Apple Store. :eek:

3. STC thread starter macrumors 6502a

So yours has the usage #s all the way till the battery dies?

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I've not really noticed a change. My readings are: Call Time/Current Time = 2 Days, 18 Hours; Call Time/Lifetime = 3 Days, 8 Hours. I'll keep an eye on any changes and post the results. I feel bad because my iPhone seems to be charged all the time, whether it's in the car, next to my BlackBook or at the house on my nightstand.

5. zmit macrumors regular

he is not referring to the call time.

he is referring to the 'usage' and 'standby' readings..

i have noticed this as well, i dont seem to have a reading too often. HOWEVER, i have narrowed it down to installer for one thing. so when i install/uninstall apps it resets the usage and gives the whole 'after charging' thing.

mine is currently reading though.
    2 hours 19 minutes usage
    19 hours 22 minutes standby

:)

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Oh, I see. Mine keeps going to "0" for both Usage & Standby. Thanks for the enlightenment. :eek:

7. sk8mash macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

8. newyorksole macrumors 68020

I have a problem of my own. My iPhone had about 3 and a half hours of usage and about 11 in standby and it got down to 20% battery left. Is that normal?

Will we ever see a long lasting battery?

9. STC thread starter macrumors 6502a

I think you're right. I googled the "Usage times will be shown..." msg and saw something (i think it was thread from here) saying that when the springboard resets (usually due to install or uninstall) that the usage times will be reset.

10. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

If a majority of that usage was talk time and or browsing then with 11 hours of stand by that is perfectly normal.

11. zmit macrumors regular

mine just hit 10% and now im charging it, i just checked my usage then (while it was still on charge!) and it was reading
    7 hours 53 minutes usage
    2 days 1 hour standby

im quite happy with that :) my last WM6 phone was like that as well.... but that was with WIFI OFF!!! all the time (because it was never stable)

edit: its only been on charge for about an hour.... so even 7 hours usage im happy with