iPhone Is there something wrong with Safe Mode?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by lewismayell, Jan 21, 2014.

1. lewismayell macrumors 6502a

Just checking if the only person that has this problem is me, Everytime is install the Substrate Safe Mode update my phone gets stuck in Safe Mode, it then takes many reboots and shut downs to free it but this stops most of my tweaks working and going into cydia I have three updates again, so is this a general problem or is it just me?

----------

It appears to have disabled all my tweaks and they don't show up in settings

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

The phone should not be going into safe mode at all.
    Sounds like you have installed an incompatible tweak.
    Remove all tweaks added since the problem began, then add them one at a time until the problem starts again. Then remove the offending hack.

3. lewismayell thread starter macrumors 6502a

I've removed all three that I installed before it happened but it's still in Safe Mode, is it possible to sort my tweaks In Order of time installed?

4. AppleLova macrumors newbie

Fix

Hi. Here is what you do.
    Reinstall mobilesubstrate from cydia and then respring/reboot (whatev cydia tells u 2 do)
    After that you want to respring your phone again. Do this by (i.e. reinstalling a tweak that requires respringing).
    Everything should be back to normal.
    Usually I would recommend Bootstrap to respring but I can't seem to find it in Cydia anymore.

Did it work?

Waiting for your answer :)

5. lewismayell thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oh, before I saw your answer I just removed Cydia Substrate which took all my tweaks and I started again, thanks for that though if it happens again, your way sounds like less hassle :)

6. tirexstorm macrumors regular

I have the same problem. I cannot locate mobilesubstrate in cydia to try your fix. I only see cydia substrate.

7. dcharleyultra macrumors 6502

I believe cydia substrate is the new mobile substrate.

8. lewismayell thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, mobile substrate is now cydia substrate, that's what I removed anyway, it'll clear all your tweaks but should leave your device unaffected, back it up to iTunes just to make sure, and then when you install a new tweak it will automatically install cydia substrate again

9. AppleLova macrumors newbie

Or... Instead of doing all that just reinstall it ;) and then follow my steps :)