Is there something wrong with the 2.16 C2D Macbooks pros?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jcoz, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Jcoz macrumors 6502

I just found 2 different listings on craigs list (2 different cities as well) for a 15" Macbook pro 2.16 C2D, 2 gigs ram, leopard installed...both were asking exactly 680 dollars..

What gives? The cities are 6 hours away and in different states even? I just think its an extremly low rice if the units are in anywhere near the condition pictured...

I am either going to get a prev. gen 15 MBP or a new Macbook (still am not happy about 13" screen though)...if there isnt something I'm missing either one of these should be my ticket, so to speak.

Can anyone tell me why these might be so cheap? And why 680 bucks? Isnt it odd, that 2 wholly different listing as the same odd price?

2. AliensAreFuzzy macrumors 68000

AliensAreFuzzy

I'm thinking scam. There is no reason those should be that cheap. Unless they aren't working...

3. ncavs10 macrumors member

chances are if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. what wil probably happen is they will ask you for your email address or other information and sell it. and the computer is just a scam. thats what ive heard at least.

4. stealthninja macrumors member

stealthninja

5. Jcoz thread starter macrumors 6502

I would agree a bit more if it was ebay and not craigs list...I mean, what kind of scam is it if I can go check it out for myself w/o buying it, right? Thats what has me reaaaly confused.

6. Jcoz thread starter macrumors 6502

ahhhh. I see. I emailed one of them already, we'll see what the deal is.

7. super98111 macrumors member

8. fredrickyoon macrumors regular

fredrickyoon

I decided to stay away from CraigsList due to numerous scams. If it's too good to be true, it probably isn't.

9. Jcoz thread starter macrumors 6502

Yah, I just found 5 with the exact same pics/descriptions/price in cities from chicago to houston.

One of the originals had different, more *personal* pics and a very dif description, but the price being the same means scam as well....

Thanks guys!