Is there still an IR issue on rMBP 15"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by oryor, Oct 27, 2012.

1. oryor macrumors newbie

I am going to order one soon(Apple Online Store), but wondering if Apple can solve the IR issue on LG screen.
    Or I have to keep changing and changing until I got Samsung.

Any recommendation from those who has bought it in the last few weeks.
    :D
    Thk...

2. iPersian macrumors regular

yes it has still problems. returned two and wont buy another one until its resolved. if it is resolved.

have been a macuser since 94 and will switch to windows if apple continues delivering *****.

3. oryor thread starter macrumors newbie

So, I have to keep waiting until Apple can resolved..
    It almost 5 months since it released.

Very bed news to Apple's fan.

4. bobr1952 macrumors 68020

bobr1952

Or you can just ignore the posts like I did, pick up your rMBP and enjoy it--like I am. If you get IR that bothers you, then bring it in and have it fixed--problem solved. :)

5. oryor thread starter macrumors newbie

Will they really fix it, if i found IR on mine or is it in their spec???

6. macphin macrumors member

But do you have any retention? What display brand you have?

7. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

Issues exist yes, but on all machine? No. I have no issues at all with mine.

8. bobr1952 macrumors 68020

bobr1952

No screen problems that I can see. I decided to bypass screen anxiety and not try and figure out what company manufactured my screen--as long as it looks good to my eyes, I'm happy. :)

9. theuserjohnny macrumors 6502

LG is the primary problem related to the IR and the sad thing is that LG is the primary source for these screens so you better by now and just complain and get the screen replace (someone on the thread as the specific part number for the Samsung screen) because once Apple cuts ties with Samsung screen IR will be seen as "acceptable" within their policy since a majority will be LG screens.

10. moxxey macrumors regular

Same here. I have an LG screen and bought my rMBP on release, so it's one of the first. No IR issues here.

Sometimes I do think people go *looking* for issues and find the tinniest problem and exaggerate it in their mind. It's like the lag issues on certain websites. Yes, they exist, yes they are more laggy on the rMBP, but the problem is the website, not the rMBP.