Is there such a bluetooth adapter?

creator2456

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago
I know there are usb adapters that allow a computer to get bluetooth, but are there bluetooth adapters that will allow me to plug in my USB printer(s) to make them wireless?

NicP

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2005
There are adaptors that make usb printers wi-fi enabled, the airport express base station is one. I dont know about bluetooth though.

creator2456

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago
There are adaptors that make usb printers wi-fi enabled, the airport express base station is one. I dont know about bluetooth though.
I have one printer plugged into my AEBS, and I know I can use a USB hub for more but its in another room.

The Stig

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2006
On the track
I know there are usb adapters that allow a computer to get bluetooth, but are there bluetooth adapters that will allow me to plug in my USB printer(s) to make them wireless?
Yes their are. I'm pretty sure I've seen one before BUT it needs to have that option on the printer. It needs to be set up for that from the get go. I do not believe you can just but a after market BT adapter to use with a USB device. Other wise everybody would be using BT for EVERYTHING. I know I would be if it was that easy.

The Stig

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.