Is there such a case? Thin, clear, hard case with lay on table protection

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by martd, Jan 18, 2012.

1. martd macrumors newbie

Hi all

Im still searching and searching for the right case for the wife!

She has a white 4s and wants a thin, clear case that she can easily use with her docking station.

I love the SE Nude and Incipio Feather but the lack of Lay on Table protection is no good.

Please help..............

2. iReadd macrumors newbie

3. martd thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply!

Does it have "lay on table" protection though?
    From the website it looks like the screen would sit on the table rather than a lip pushing over the edge of the iphone.

Cheers :)

4. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

it does not

go with the clear incase snap case for lay on table design

however, clear cases show scratches really really quickly

5. iReadd macrumors newbie

if you want to use the clear one, it will show scratches.
    or u can choose the dull color case.
    maybe u have to choose which one is the most important for you, clear case or anti-scratch case. :)

6. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

I am looking for a similar case. I hate the cases like the one above that leave the top and bottom edge unprotected.

7. themoxy macrumors newbie

Hi.

I updated to iPhone 4s about a month ago (from 3gs). It's amazing. I love it. I'll always love my 3gs, but she found a new home now.

I had an Uncommon case for the 3gs. I liked the case, but I had to take the bottom off all the time to use my after-market dock/stereo/alarm clock unit. Stupid.

#1 - I want a good-looking case that shows off the iPhone, can be docked (preferably without a connector, although if I found one I loved I would consider it).

#2 - Offers drop protection. I don't need a Tank or anything like that, just something for everyday (no surfing, snorkeling, or anything hazardous I would subject my beauty to).

#3 - Will not muff up my reception. I live in the middle of nowhere Wisconsin where coverage is limited until I get into town. I can only text in my house (voice calling is impossible) - but people know to shoot me a text to see if I'm home or call my landline, so I don't want to screw with the one bar I have in my house or my Wifi connection.

I have looked for like 4 hours for a case and I do like a few but none of them seem to have all of these qualities. I like the look of Aluminum, but I don't want reception problems, and I'm afraid I might not be able to dock with an Element case (plus I read they aren't great on Verizon's 4s re: reception).

Rocking my baby naked now, but I'm being pushed to get a case ASAP but the loved ones in my life. I have been known to drop things, especially when I am drinking, which I happen to enjoy doing.

THANK YOU!!!!

8. charlesdayton macrumors 6502a

The closer I have used to your description is the Zum Gelee. It is thin and has LOT. It is not completely clear, as it is TPU, it is semi hard and translucent enough to clearly show the Apple Logo and metal antenna band.

I am now switching to the SGP Modello as the the shinny surface of the Gelee is prone to fingerprints.

9. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

10. Selmir macrumors member

Selmir

Hi!

Am a newbie here (hehe) but maybe I have something for you. I bought in friday this shell called "iZound Hardcase iPhone 4 Blue":

[​IMG]

It costed me 10 EUR here in Sweden or 89,90 SEK. Looks very slim on the phone, and the grip is perfect. It wont slide a bit! This shell is supposed to be suited only for iPhone 4, but it fits my white iPhone 4S without ANY problems! :) The material reminds me of that unique Apples iPad-protection (have a blue one for my iPad 2), it's almost that material but strong PC-plastic which don't feels as plastic. Worth every swedish coin!

Best regards,
    Selmir

11. allapon macrumors regular

allapon

Thin, Clear and Good Quality is your issue, you gonna love it. Less Scratch and minimalist .

For me, I have problem with corner crack. Now, I stick with Vapor Pro white edition! :rolleyes:

12. Selmir macrumors member

Selmir

Belkin Essential 023 Black/White is also another great case, but it also cost a bit more. Looks like this:

[​IMG]

Btw, iZound cases sells (please look my previous post here) only in Sweden and are made by Teknikmagasinet AB, same store as I bought from. Sorry for the recomendations, thought it wasn't swedish.

It was also this case which I tested as well in the store but I bought the swedish iZound's instead because it was 10 EUR cheaper. Belkin is however internationall and great as well as mine, it have two layers of silicon which gives great protection.

But the best thing is to go to your local store and test some cases as I did and get that case you really want instead of being later dissapointed. ;)

13. themoxy macrumors newbie

Need a case that can be docked!

Hi.

For the time being I just picked up a Belkin Candy Grip in clearish with the black rim at WalMart until I find something permanent. It's just okay. I only use it when I'm out and about and go naked at home (I have super thick, plush carpet so I'm not all that concerned about its safety at home).

Really stupid I have to take it off every time I want to dock it on my Bose system or on my Apple dock.

I like to keep my phone docked by my PC because then I can still work and do face time and stuff. I like docking. Keeps the phone in my view, keeps it upright, looks good...

Would love a great case made for docking!!!