Is there such a thing as a developer apple store?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by gwelmarten, Oct 7, 2011.

1. gwelmarten macrumors 6502

Hi

I'm an Apple developer and am looking at placing a substantial order as well as ordering an iPhone 4S. I was wondering if there is a specific store or number to call for access to the developer store to buy things with a) priority b) a discount.

I was under the impression there was a number. I am in the UK, so something related to UK developers would be good.

Thanks in advance:

Sam Heather

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

According to this, Apple no longer give the discounts. I'm not very familiar with this though so I would wait for more input.

3. gwelmarten thread starter macrumors 6502

Hi
    Thanks for that. I didn't think discounts still applied but wasn't sure. I want to get my set of apps tested on a iPhone 4S with the new camera before I release updates, so I'm waiting on it's arrival for that. I ordered this morning though this is predicted to arrive late - does anybody have an idea for expressing my reason to Apple to get it when released for app testing? Is there a number for developers at all?

Sam

----------

I just thought I'd say - it is important that I test it on the iPhone 4S as my app works with augmented reality, and I need to look at how this faster chip is working with the new camera (I layer info on top of the image shown).

Sam

4. NorCalLights macrumors 6502a

There are Apple Business Representatives in the larger Apple stores these days (they're the ones wearing black polo shirts). They have been able to assist me with special requests on very large orders in the past.

I very much doubt they will be able to get you a 4S ahead of the line, however. But maybe it's worth a try. Just call your local store.

Most likely, you're in the same boat as every other developer.

5. gwelmarten thread starter macrumors 6502

Hi
    I'm only looking to get it shipped for the 14th (even though I ordered within an hour of pre-orders been available, it thinks it will arrive on the 28th). Maybe I will try and give them a call later - do developers not get any preferential treatment in the dispatch of orders of new products for testing?

Sam

6. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

Another thing you can do is give out promo codes for users who got their iPhone 4S on day 1 to try your app for you. There is a promo codes forum here at Macrumors and it is quite busy.

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

They used to offer a 20% discount for ADC Select and Premier members (which was $500 and $2500, respectively).

Obviously as you're only paying $100 now, there are no discounts offered.