Is there such an app??

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by MacDryCleaner, Aug 27, 2012.

1. MacDryCleaner macrumors regular

Hi Everybody -

I want to know if there is such thing as an app that could work like this:

My employee picks up 3 packages. The employee records in an app he picked up three packages. He delivers two of the packages to 'site a'. I want my iphone app to show that such a pick up was made and that two of the three packages were then delivered. In this scenario the last package would remain in the employees possession and that status would also show in my iphone app.

Anything out there like that you think?

2. jomirrivera macrumors 6502

Your employee picks up 3 packages and send you a text message, then he delivers two of them and send you another text message telling you so and you do the math and realize that he still have one package to deliver!
    sounds good to me!

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No.
    Unless you create a specific app for your business needs that does so and so and notifies you with text, email or push notification.

4. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

Would be nice if these 3 packages had bar codes so they could be scanned by the employee, when picked up and then scanned again when delivered.

5. nostresshere macrumors 68030

A man needs to get a goat, a hen and a fox across the river. He is going upstream at 10 mph and the wind is blowing east by southeast. The rope on the boat can only hold one idiot at a time. What should he do?

6. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Have the hen fly across the river, then have the fox piggy back on you while you ride the goat across the river - problem solved!

OP, you'll need basically the same system UPS and FedEx uses with bar codes.

7. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

UPS, Fedex etc use this type of device...Cheap they are not...I'd just use text messaging but....

Attached Files:

8. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

How hard is programming an app, could you not just pay someone to develop an app for you. Are there any web sites out there that can put together app developers and someone like the op

9. App Maniac macrumors newbie

No i don't think so there is an app like that. I have created one app on Poland Tourism. Poland Travel Guide App is a stylish new app that serves as a perfect guide while traveling to one of the most beautiful countries of Central Europe, Poland. The app brings the Modern UI experience for the users with its great style and clean interface. With Poland Travel Guide, you can get detailed information about the country, cities, culture, places to see along with images of each place. Additional features include accommodation, restaurants, shopping and transportation options. A detailed map is provided for each city including climate widget, with constant weather updates. So, whether you are looking for a restaurant offering authentic Polish cuisine in Poznan or planning to visit a museum in Warsaw, the needed information is just a tap away.
    [​IMG]