Is there the AT&T Logo on the iPad 2 3G?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MacGiver, Mar 31, 2011.

1. MacGiver macrumors 6502a

MacGiver

Hi all,
    I am going to buy the iPad 2 64GB 3G in the US (the AT&T version).
    I'd like to make sure the iPad is free of any logo...can you confirm there is no AT&T logo on the iPad2?
    Thanks

2. RangerXML macrumors regular

About the only place it says AT&T is with the signal strength for what network your receiving. If your not using cell data and turn it off, it says iPad. In other words, besides the Apple Logo, the iPad is unbranded (no cell phone provider markings on any of its shiny parts).

3. MacGiver thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacGiver

Excellent - Thanks...I would not like to see any network provider name engraved on the iPad!

4. ste1164 macrumors 6502a

ste1164

I doubt apple will ever let any carrier put any branding on their iPhones or iPads.

5. thibaulthalpern macrumors regular

It is very unlike Apple to have any non-Apple logos on their devices. When they started using Intel chips, they never had an "Intel Inside" sticker. They also never had an AT&T logo on their iPhones and do not have Verizon logo on their newer iPhones.

Thankful for that! I just find the plastering of stickers and logos, typical of PC and linux boxes, very distasteful.

6. BobbieM629 macrumors regular

I agree!!