Is there w y to spill-proof the keybo rd?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Yr Blues, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Yr Blues macrumors 68020

So, I lucked out when my brother's cat knocked over a drink on my MacBook because it boots up to the login screen but I can't type anything in. I ordered a topcase to replace it. I'm wondering if there's a product like a circuit safe scotch-guard that would protect the circuits under the keys.

I wonder why the circuits are so vulnerable under the keys. I wish they'd address the design in the future. Everyone eats around their laptop eventually.

2. Bengt77 macrumors 68000

Bengt77

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Nothing I've ever heard of specifically for the MBP. You could get a keyboard protector which does more than...nothing....

Probably because it's a <1" thick machine. There's not a lot of room to spare.

4. cubeeggs macrumors member

MacBooks take in air to cool themselves through the keyboard. I don’t think you can insulate one from water without causing it to severely overheat.

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

So does the "a" key not work in the title bar only?
    ;)
    Voila_Capture23.jpg

6. Sayer macrumors 6502a

Sayer

I used to fix laptops. Some of them looked like people used their laptop as a plate to eat off of (once opened up).

One even came in and the customer swore there was no liquid spilled into it, their IT guy said there was no liquid spilled into it. It just wouldn't work anymore, a complete mystery!

I opened it up, took the mobo out and sure enough there was a liquid spill around the swivel hinge area that shorted the mobo out (it was one of those laptops that the screen could swivel around to make a clunky tablet). Mystery solved!

7. Eldiablojoe macrumors 6502a

Eldiablojoe

Sayer,

Love the avatar and signature, BTW, I agree fully about the hypocrisy.

8. xXxS1lv3rxXx macrumors newbie

No, he relized it wsn't worth the extr effort to do the whole prgrph without using the letter "". :)

9. Eldiablojoe macrumors 6502a

Eldiablojoe

I don't know if this is what you are looking for, but I use a membrane to keep stray crumbs and small spills out from the keys (www.marware.com)

HTH

10. l.a.rossmann macrumors 65816

l.a.rossmann

thinkpads don't overheat, or cry uncle when you spill water on them.