Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HALE101

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 17, 2018
The price is pretty hefty for a organization app I’m just wondering if anyone else have purchased Things 3 and how would you guys rate it ? Online reviews have been praising this app as a”must have” if you want to start organizing your life.

Thoughts?

aZZaneko

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2012
Things 3 is a very clean and well thought out application, it’s a joy to use. It’s been a while since I saw their iPad version but Mac, iPhone and Watch versions combo is one of the reasons I choose to stick with Apple’s eco system. It’s one of the few apps I’d keep if I had to make a difficult choice.

With this said, there are plenty of applications with very similar (or richer) functionality, some of them 100% free. So if money are an important factor, there are definitely alternatives. Also all of these applications are just tools. They don’t magically solve problems. If you know what you are doing, app you use hardly matters.

HALE101

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 17, 2018
Things 3 is a very clean and well thought out application, it’s a joy to use. It’s been a while since I saw their iPad version but Mac, iPhone and Watch versions combo is one of the reasons I choose to stick with Apple’s eco system. It’s one of the few apps I’d keep if I had to make a difficult choice.

With this said, there are plenty of applications with very similar (or richer) functionality, some of them 100% free. So if money are an important factor, there are definitely alternatives. Also all of these applications are just tools. They don’t magically solve problems. If you know what you are doing, app you use hardly matters.

ended up purchasing it and have Skillshare app to doa course for the basics and tutorials

petvas

macrumors 603
Jul 20, 2006
Munich, Germany
Important is to know what you would use Things for. Things allows to organize your personal and business life and has a specific way of doing that. I suggest you have a look at various YouTube videos and tutorials in how to use Things, before even making the decision to use it. What set Things from all other task managers apart, is its simplicity while offering powerful features at the same time. Things allows you to organize your tasks and activities in projects and areas. It allows for recurring tasks and it mostly concentrates in what you have to do today. The today view is actually its best feature (for me), and many other apps try to copy the same functionality.
I use Things for managing my life and I am a happy user.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.