Is this 2010 iMac worth it?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by iFad, Sep 25, 2012.

1. iFad macrumors newbie

Hello people, i currently own a base model 13" MacBook Air 2011 and have just started Uni part-time. We were told last week that we would be required to complete all of the CAD work (using solidworks) at home as lecture time is at a premium.

i didnt think my MBA will be able to cope, but decided to see how it goes for now and take the plunge on an iMac if my MBA struggles too much. This approach also means that hopefully i will be in the market for an iMac after the rumoured upgrade has been released.

Anyway, at work i saw an advert on the noticeboard where someone is selling a 2010 i7 27" iMac with 12GB RAM and a 2TB HD. It also has AppleCare which expires in May 2013. They want £500 for it. I admit im not up to speed on the second hand prices of iMacs but i thought this was a pretty good deal.Do you guys agree?

For info if i were to pass and buy a new iMac i would buy the best i could afford at the time, so could potentially end up with a base 21".

What do you guys think would be best for me? Go for the 2010 iMac or wait?

Thanks!

2. 184550 Guest

Sounds about right, IMO. Though it never hurts to try negotiate for a better price.

You could also try putting the specs into a site like mac2sell and seeing what it brings back.

3. ihuman:D macrumors 6502a

:eek: Bargain!!!

4. 141n5 macrumors member

bite their hand off at that price....

going rate is almost double for a 2010 27" i7