Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

edry.hilario

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
Hello everyone,

I'm having a weird issue where my late 2012 iMac exhibits weird glitches (image below). It doesn't happen very often but when its starts to happen, it really goes crazy for a while. I also noticed things like quick preview and premiere pro like induce this issue. It seems to me like every time the gpu is require to do a hard tasks it craps out. Has anyone experienced this? would you say its a bad gpu?

Screen Shot 2.png

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Hello everyone,

I'm having a weird issue where my late 2012 iMac exhibits weird glitches (image below). It doesn't happen very often but when its starts to happen, it really goes crazy for a while. I also noticed things like quick preview and premiere pro like induce this issue. It seems to me like every time the gpu is require to do a hard tasks it craps out. Has anyone experienced this? would you say its a bad gpu?

View attachment 525980

Yep, it's definitely a GPU failure. To fix it'll need a replacement Logic Board.

Is your iMac still covered by AppleCare? If you're not sure, you can check by typing your serial number into this website: https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.