Is this a battery issue?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Diamons, May 30, 2011.

1. Diamons macrumors newbie

When I first got my iPod Touch 4G, it seemed to last forever. I had it on full brightness all the time and by the end of the day with Wifi on all the time it'd be like 3/4 full still.

Now I'm on firmware 4.3.2 and my battery drops so quick. I have percentage enabled and after about an hour and a half of listening to iheartradio app, I'm at 68% battery, and this is on like half brightness and my screen was locked most of the time.

I'm trying a battery drain tonight but should I expect a trip to the apple store soon?

2. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Update to 4.3.3, disable Ping using your restriction settings, and see if that helps :)

3. SEV3N source macrumors newbie

I don't know if this will help, but with the iOS 4.x updates on iPod touches, a lot of people have experienced battery drain, even when the screen is off, if the WiFi is left on. I have this issue as well and turning WiFi off (or Airplane Mode on) when not in use did the trick for me.

Since you are using WiFi when you stream, I don't know if there's much I can help you with there. It's possible it could be a battery issue or it could be the app is an energy hog. Did you just start using this app or have you been using it consistently?

Hope this helps,

SEV3N