Is this a bug since forever?

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by Bladery, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Bladery macrumors 6502

hey,

When you press an app on eg. The 2nd site till they wiggle and you can rearrange them, then I go with this app on the first site but he folder/app at the right bottom will disappear so I cannot put the app on the folder and/or create a new folder.

Does anyone notice that?

2. StumpyBloke macrumors regular

StumpyBloke

3. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

Hard to understand what you said. But I'm sure it's not a bug that the bottom right app/folder disappears. If it's a full page it will bump the last app/folder (bottom right) to the next page when you drag a new app onto the full page. Because only so many can be on a page at once.

4. alexmarchuk macrumors 6502a

alexmarchuk

These posts are getting worse, hopping it's legit ha.

5. StumpyBloke macrumors regular

StumpyBloke

If it's by design it's stupid. It's impossible to drag an app from one page into a folder on another page where that folder is bottom right!

6. alexmarchuk macrumors 6502a

alexmarchuk

Your folder might have been pushed to the next page if it's a full page, unless you directly drag it onto the folder.

7. StumpyBloke macrumors regular

StumpyBloke

Yes but when you go to the next page the folder isn't there

8. alexmarchuk macrumors 6502a

alexmarchuk

You have to have a folder to place into, you can drag an app onto an app on the last icon, the last icon will move to next page to make room.

9. StumpyBloke macrumors regular

StumpyBloke

If you try to drag an app from one page into a folder which is bottom right of another page you can't (at least I can't, nor the OP). The folder disappears and is not on the next page either. This same folder does not reappear until you've pressed the home button to stop the wiggle.

I've just tried it again and it's always the same, and always has been for me.

10. alexmarchuk macrumors 6502a

alexmarchuk

The "problem" you're running into is because it thinks the app wants space on the next page, just move the folder from the last position, it's how it's meant to be.

edit: I see what you're talking about. The folder does disappear. I just recreated it, it doesn't come back until you're done rearranging. Yeah it's a bug then. It's a beta 1.

11. StumpyBloke macrumors regular

StumpyBloke

I don't agree that's how it's meant to be. They surely don't mean to temporarily disappear a folder. Anyway it is what it is.

12. alexmarchuk macrumors 6502a

alexmarchuk

Yeah I agree, see my edit. All we can do now is change the folder to not be on last page.

13. StumpyBloke macrumors regular

StumpyBloke

Aaah yes thanks I see your edit now. As I say it's always been an issue for me across most if not all iOS versions and I don't see them fixing it now

14. ZEEN0j macrumors 6502a

The folder doesn't disappear. It gets moved to the second page when you are hovering over the first page. If you then hover back to the second page the folder goes back to the first page. Very annoying. It shouldn't automatically move the bottom right app or folder. Instead I think it should stay there until you drag the app next to it for a second, so you can if you want create a folder or add an app to a folder.

15. StumpyBloke macrumors regular

StumpyBloke

The folder disappears from any page until you press the home button to stop the wiggle.

16. Bladery thread starter macrumors 6502

It's not hard to recreate...

Basically the bug exists since forever haha

17. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

It's not a bug. The folder does not disappear. It's moving to the next page when you slide another app onto a full page. And when you slide that app back to page "2" that fold goes back to its original spot on page "1". That is why you think it disappears.

18. Bladery thread starter macrumors 6502

I just did it again? And apparently the others as well

19. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

Screenshot 1 : full page with folder in the last spot.
    Screenshot 2: second page
    Screenshot 3: app dragged from second page to full page
    Screenshot 4: folder on second page

Home button wasn't needed to "see" the folder again.

Attached Files:

20. Bladery thread starter macrumors 6502

Alright, I know what you did "wrong".
    You need to keep the app in the move"-mode

21. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

I didn't do anything wrong. If you keep your finger on the app and never place it anywhere, the folder will MOVE back onto page "1" when you bring the app back to page "2". Making it "seem" like you the folder disappears, when in fact it is just moving from page "1", to page "2" and then back to page "1".

It's you who just doesn't understand what it's doing. (And I don't mean any offence by that)

22. Bladery thread starter macrumors 6502

Either I'm to stupid right now, you don't exactly understand what I/we mean or you just don't have the bug?

Can anyone else from this thread (maybe native speaker) try to explain that again or maybe lagwagon is right the whole time?

23. StumpyBloke, Jul 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2016

StumpyBloke macrumors regular

StumpyBloke

The folder from the bottom right of whichever page does NOT move to the next page for me when I drag an app over. It ONLY appears again when the home button is pressed to stop the wiggle or I drag the app to somewhere I don't want it.

That is my situation which ALWAYS happens and ALWAYS has for me.

24. Bladery thread starter macrumors 6502

25. C DM macrumors Westmere

It seems it's simply this and nothing more.