Is this a bug with the home button or intentional?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by jpc0480, Nov 4, 2014.

  1. jpc0480 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2014
    Location:
    Amsterdam
    #1
    I was running a jailbroken version of ios 7.12 until the 8.1 pangu release v1.1 that came out last week on a 5S.

    When you pressed home button on iOS 7.12 it would take you from the app and back to the folder (1 step back). After upgrading it takes me either 2 steps back, so instead of the folder, back to the last screen or it takes me 3 steps back, to the "home" home screen, if that makes any sense? I know there is another bug where users are reporting that they are getting the multi-task screen, but that is not happening on my device.

    I can deal with the 2 steps, but prefer it to only go back 1. 3 steps and it drives me crazy as I have a couple of daily apps (games) that I like to play all in one folder and normally I can just tap home and select the next game since I am already in the folder. Like I said, it is not consistent. I would say 90% of the time it goes back 2 steps and the other 10% sends the device all they way back to home.

    I have the home button click speed on default and have the even tried resetting the home button by loading the stocks app and holding down home until it resets back to the home screen.

    Any other suggestions aside from a total restore?
     
  2. BrettDS macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Nov 14, 2012
    Location:
    Orlando
    #2
    I can tell you that if you start an app from within a folder, then hit the home button the stock 8.1 firmware will take you back to the folder. So either it's an issue with your phone or with the jailbreak.
     
  3. jpc0480 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2014
    Location:
    Amsterdam
    #3
    I think it must be from the update then and not the jailbreak. I noticed it did that even before I applied the jailbreak after upgrading. It did not do this while on 7.12.
     
  4. Tyler23 macrumors 603

    Tyler23

    Joined:
    Dec 2, 2010
    Location:
    Atlanta, GA
    #4
    I am running 8.1 on my iPhone 6. If I go to a folder, open an app, and then hit the home button, it brings me back to the folder.
     
  5. jpc0480 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2014
    Location:
    Amsterdam
    #5
    Yes that is what my 5S did before the update and that is exactly what I would like it to do now! ;)

    I will try a restore soon to see if this resolves it.
     
  6. Armen macrumors 604

    Armen

    Joined:
    Apr 30, 2013
    Location:
    127.0.0.1
    #6
    Heck I remember there was a jailbreak tweak to actually close the folder after you opened an app so yah, stock behavior is supposed to be back to folder view.
     
  7. jpc0480 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2014
    Location:
    Amsterdam
    #7
    Yeah I remember that one too... That is almost what was happening. In fact I thought it was related and maybe in a drunken stupor I decided to install that tweak. After uninstalling one by one I found out that Activator was actually the cause. Not sure if I just got a bad copy or if the download was corrupt or the version I had was wrong, but after a reinstall all was resolved. Strange though because I thought this problem was happening even before I did the jailbreak, but I must have been wrong.

    I tested first on my iPad and did a full restore. After my apps loaded everything was good. Then I jailbroke and still no problems. After installing my tweaks the problem re-appeared. So through process of elimination I was able to determine the problem and instead of restoring my iPhone, I only had to reinstall Activator.

    Mods can marked this as solved.
     

Share This Page