Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Scam. None of the "verified" graphics are linked anywhere.

In addition,

Registrant:
zhongxioubin service @ retcers.com +86.0106443599
guangdongxinxinyouxiangongzi
gongdongzijinxian27hao
zijin,guangdong,CHINA 100001

Domain Name:mindinbox.com
Record last updated at 2009-04-05 03:01:15
Record created on 2009/4/5
Record expired on 2010/4/5

Psychmike

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2008
No information provided under 'Contact Us'. No information provided under 'About Us'. Do they sound like they believe in transparency and believe in customer relations? Sounds a lot like a fly-by-night operation to me: Get your money, generate a long list of disgruntled customers, and then vanish.

jbrenn

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2008
90% of the pictures are wrong. it shows a 17 macbook pro and the description says macbook air.

chase71320

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2008
scam

Sorry to be redundant, but STAY AWAY from this site. As mentioned previously, the picture is NOT of a PowerBook G4, it is of a new unibody MacBook Pro. Its price alone should raise red flags, as well as the total lack of information about the company. To the OP: Run as far away from these people as you can.

shoesofthefutur

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2009
Its a con

I placed an order and used Paypal for security. The order status sat at processing for 5 days so I sent several emails asking for an update. I received no response whatsoever. I filed a dispute with Paypal and the same day the order status changed to Paypal transaction reversed. The money hasn't been returned 5 days later.

Also if you check they have 151 in stock of almost everything, enough said. The expression too good to be true is held up here very well, my advice is to steer clear

Gregintosh

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2008
Chicago
Their prices seem to be all over the map, with some old units costing well above what new units cost, while others are way too good to be true. This is a poorly executed scam. I can't believe you would even place an order at all!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.