iPad mini Is this a desperation sale before Tuesdays announcement?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by princebig7, Oct 17, 2013.

  1. princebig7 macrumors member

    Apr 25, 2013
    My friend is desperately trying to get rid of is mini. He will sell me his mini in mint condition it's a black 64gb wifi +4g Verizon for $400. Apple refurb is 549. I have a 16gb wifi but wanted one with more space and Verizon lte. Do I pull the trigger or wait till Tuesday to either buy a new mini 2 or ipad 5? Is this too good of a sale to pass up? Need to act quick so any comment would be appreciated thanks!
  2. siurpeeman macrumors 603


    Dec 2, 2006
    the OC
    being that you already have a mini, i'd wait for the announcement.
  3. princebig7 thread starter macrumors member

    Apr 25, 2013
    So you wouldn't act on people panicking to get rid of thir devices?
  4. siurpeeman macrumors 603


    Dec 2, 2006
    the OC
    even if your goal was to get a 64gb mini lte on the cheap (over a ipad mini 2), i'd still wait it out. there will be more people rushing to sell after the announcement than right now.
  5. Carlanga macrumors 604


    Nov 5, 2009
    no, it would be stupid, after the announcement they will have to go lower than now.
  6. princebig7 thread starter macrumors member

    Apr 25, 2013
  7. Bear macrumors G3

    Jul 23, 2002
    Sol III - Terra
    The original iPad mini models will have their refurbished prices lowered when the next iPad mini is announced.
  8. Breaking Good macrumors 6502a

    Sep 28, 2012
    I think it may be a fair deal, but not a great one.

    Look at it this way. For $150 more you can get one with a brand new exterior, new battery and a one year warranty from Apple.
  9. AppleMactablet macrumors regular


    Jan 25, 2010
    Well if you dont need the Verizon LTE, I got a 64gb Wifi Mini-Mint for Sale if you want to bid, ends today: http://www.ebay.com/itm/141087970535?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
  10. s2mikey macrumors 68020


    Sep 23, 2013
    Upstate, NY
    Thats true and its worth taking into consideration.
  11. mfr1340 macrumors regular

    Mar 4, 2011
    n. cal
    Originally Posted by mfr1340
    I just sold my 64gig wi-fi for $429.00 to eCycle Best. That is $200.00 more than Gazell is offering. I sold Gazell my iphone 4s for $225.00 and they gave me like 30 days to ship send it in. That way I could keep my phone untill the 5s arrived. Worked great then, but not now that I found eCycle Best. They also say I will get a extra gift if I send it back withen 5 days after I recive the the pre-paid shipping package. They will credit your paypal or send you a check. They only ask if it is working or not. I just recived the shipping package in the mail and I am sending it back to them today.
  12. Kendo, Oct 18, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2013

    Kendo macrumors 68000

    Apr 4, 2011
    Be wary and see the below thread. They may try to bait and switch you by offering $429 but claiming the iPad is faulty and offering much less when you receive the item.

  13. inboxer macrumors regular

    Sep 5, 2013
    If you are looking to sell your iPad the best time to lock in your buyback quote is right now. Check sites likes gazelle and buybackworld and compare offers. They will not be higher than they are today.
  14. CrazyNurse macrumors regular

    Oct 23, 2012
    I recently returned from overseas where we had to wait for the Japanese and Chinese release cycles for any new i-devices.

    When Apple releases the iPad Mini 2 tomorrow, when and where will they be available besides standing in line at the Apple store?

    Will places like BestBuy, Walmart, and Verizon have them available for sale at the time of the announcement or will we have to wait?
  15. DaveOP macrumors 65816

    May 29, 2011
    Portland, OR
    It will likely not be released for a week, this friday at the EARLIEST typically.

Share This Page