Is this a fake Speck Candyshell?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Craftybanana, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Craftybanana macrumors newbie

Hi guys,
    I bought a Speck Candyshell case for my iPhone 5 today. It was £8.99 from a market store inside my local shopping centre. They seem official and they've been selling tons of cases for years there, which is why I decided to buy one. I'm just a bit concerned I've been sold a knock-off considering how low the price is. It seems like the real deal, and feels fairly robust. What do you guys think?

Attached Files:

2. wxman2003 Suspended

I would bet it's a knockoff. Either that, or the vendor cant sell them and is getting rid of them.

3. Payableondeath6 macrumors newbie

I bought a knockoff Candyshell and my wife has the real Grip version. If that's a knockoff its a really good one. My vote is real.

4. Hooterville macrumors 6502a

Hooterville

Why would anyone even make a fake version of a $34.00 case? :rolleyes:

5. Partridge macrumors 6502

Because if it's good enough you can sell it to people who don't care at kiosks/ebay/amazon/fleamarkets. They buyers think they're getting an awesome deal, and the seller makes an enormous profit compared to the margins he would get on selling the real thing. Or even worse the seller can present it as the real thing, and pocket even a greater profit.

Money. That's why.

6. hozay09 macrumors newbie

Could be a knock off. I had a red Speck case for my IP5 and the mic/speaker was covered. That one is cut out. Looks pretty good for a knock off (if it is one)

7. cole01 macrumors 6502

It looks like a knockoff to me. The real CandyShells (ordered from Speck) have a mesh cutout at the bottom as opposed to your open one.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363565218.041405.jpg

8. Mellisaray, Mar 17, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2013

Mellisaray macrumors regular

well, it is hard to see whether it is a knockoff, and i think it doesn't matter, if its quality is good, that will be fine, since the price is quite cheap, you could not have too much expert.

9. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

If you were in the states, you can find these cases at discount stores. I'm guessing a lot of manufactors will put them their product in major stores and at outlet stores. Its a win win.