Is this a feature on Mac OS X?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by philipxz, Apr 12, 2009.

1. philipxz macrumors regular

philipxz

I am using Adobe Flash Player 10 on Mac OS X 10.5.6

Whenever I use the secondary click on a flash object the animation stops. Try this on a YouTube video or an animated flash ad. This is actually very weird because it has never happened on any Windows machine I've used. This happens on both Safari and Firefox.

Also when I use the secondary click on anything other than the flash object itself inside the browser the flash object frame slows down, it kind of looks like it's in slow motion or an animation that is very choppy. This only occurs in Safari not Firefox.

However when I use the secondary click outside of a browser like the Dock or the Desktop nothing happens on neither browsers (Firefox/Safari).

What is this? Am I low in RAM? I have 2 GB of RAM BTW. Can I get some feedback from yours?

Weird.:confused:

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

The Flash plug-in for OS X is terrible. To be honest I believe it's the cause of the majority of my system hard locks more than anything else on my Mac, even Finder. Not to mention the ridiculous CPU usage even with the so called GPU acceleration.

3. Jpoon macrumors 6502

/agree

I wish they would just create an entire department at Cupertino to develop the flash plugin for OS X, and write video drivers... haha

4. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

5. philipxz thread starter macrumors regular

philipxz

OK good. It was actually starting to worry me. I thought I got a defective Mac or something.

That sucks though. :confused:

6. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

weeell they are coming out with a new OS soon.. hopefully if the flash player is that bad (although i never run into that problem) enough people can complain in the timeframe where they are willing to fix things - and it will be included in a bug fix revision