Is This A Good Alternative To Apple's Official Keyboard?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Goftrey, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Goftrey macrumors 68000

Goftrey

There is NO WAY on Earth I'm paying £40-£50 ($70-$85) on Apple's official keyboard... Even though I love it to bits, :rolleyes:

I like the feel of it (as in the keys, that kinda soft touch feel) and I've found a similar style keyboard on eBay for £11... I can't post the link to it but I guess I can post a picture...

It doesn't have the USB ports in it but that's not a biggie. Is it worth that or can you suggest some good "Mac style" keyboards that are out there?

Attached Files:

2. mohsy90 macrumors 65816

mohsy90

Check out this one from Logitech. It's solar powered, wireless, made specially for mac and cheaper than Apple's keyboard:

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/keyboards/keyboard/devices/wireless-solar-keyboard-k750-mac

It is listed for $59.99, but you can find it cheaper for around $50 on eBay.

If your planing on using it for mac, then definitely buy a mac compatible keyboard. It will be much easier to use a keyboard that has the mac style and has the different keys labeled (option, command, volume and brightness). It doesnt look like the one from eBay that your looking at is mac compatible and has those keys.

3. eyespii macrumors 6502

4. TheIntruder macrumors 6502a

TheIntruder

Keyboards are very subjective. I'm picky about them, and I'd never purchase one without trying it beforehand, or knowing that it could be easily returned.

I have the standard Apple Al wired keyboard with keypad, and IMO, it's the best one Apple has made since the Extended I and II. The aluminium body gives it a nice, solid feel, and considering what similar money will buy elsewhere, well worth the cost. My one complaint about it is that I wish it had concave, instead of flat key caps.

My second choice would be the Logitech solar keyboard as the other poster suggests. It has a true Mac layout, and the key action feels good to me. Hopefully, it won't have the issues that the DiNovo Mac Edition did.

I'm glad that Logitech didn't give up on Mac keyboards after the DME, and has made a Mac version of the K750. An Mac version of their well-regarded illuminated keyboard would be even better.

5. Dnix macrumors 6502

The full (WIRED!) Apple slim keyboard with numberpad is so great, I wouldn't use anything else.

I got it for $40 something off ebay. That's only like £25.