is this a good buy?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mt50, Dec 9, 2007.

1. mt50 macrumors newbie

hi, i'm looking at getting a mac, i've just got a 2nd hand g4 mac mini which i should have in a couple of days. so now i' m looking at moving from windows full stop. so i was thinking about a macbook, have been offered -
    2.0ghz white mac book with 2gig ram 80gig hdd and superdrive thats a year old but with 2 years apple care left for £570

is that a good buy, or seen as i don't really need a laptop would i be better going for a new mac mini with apple care for around £30 more (but the extra year warranty) the 2.0ghz mini model.

thanks

2. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

Check out "Refurb" MacBooks on the Apple store website. For a little more money you could get a refurbished computer with the full Apple warranty and the option of Applecare for a further two years ... :)

3. mt50 thread starter macrumors newbie

i've had a look on the apple site but tbh i just cant afford more than £600odd at this time.

the way i see it also is in 2years when the macbook warranty runs out i can sell it on and just buy a new one. or if i get the mac mini i'd get 3 years out of it before selling it on.

if the macbook and mini are the same spec would they both preform the same or is one a little faster?

thanks

4. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

I have both a Mini and a Macbook.
    The Mini is a great little computer and it gets used here for Photoshop and even the odd bit of video editing. That said, IMO the MacBook is a tad faster.

5. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy