Is this a good case?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Rocks., Sep 10, 2010.

1. Rocks. macrumors member

I saw this, and it was cheap, but I want to know if it was good before buying it. (I know its only 99 cents, but I don't want to spend money on something worthless, even if it is just 99 cents, lol). Anyways, i just wanted to know if anyone bought this and if it was good or not. Please help! thanks!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Black-Silicone-Case-skin-Apple-iPod-Touch-4-4th-Gen-/360297195749?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item53e362e8e5

Also, if there are other and better black silicon cases like this that are also very cheap, feel free to suggest them.

2. Code.Red macrumors regular

I bought that exact case on the 4th, and it shipped the next day so as soon as I get it, I'll post back here and let you know how it is.

3. Rocks. thread starter macrumors member

Do you know an estimate of when it's delivered? Cuz I need my case soon, and I don't think I should just wait until you get yours to see if it's worth it or not...

4. Code.Red macrumors regular

Eh, the seller gave me a delivery date of the 16th. I'm hoping it'll get here earlier as that's almost 2 weeks shipping, but you get what you pay for. Even if you buy it from him now, it'll still be a while.

I don't expect it to be of great quality, but it should keep scratches away, at least until I get a better case. I also ordered a TPU case that shipped on the 4th, so we'll see how that goes as well.

5. Kamakzie macrumors member

6. wootwootman macrumors member

im surprised you actually received it, cuz this looks like a scam. the "picture" of the case is just a pic of the ipod and it looks like someone just used ms paint to paint over it

7. fwoppers macrumors member

Most of these manufacturers can only use the photos/specs provided to them by Apple, as they don't receive the actual product early. So, it probably *is* just a Photoshop of a cover on top of it, but I wouldn't necessarily call it illegitimate.

8. Kamakzie macrumors member

Here you go.

[​IMG]

9. gta50419 macrumors 6502

wow cases out already, if i don't find any in stores in a week im buying 5 of them, use one and save the other 4 lol

10. wootwootman macrumors member

i actually just ordered one right now. how long did it take for you to get it? i live in california so it should be fast, but im also in a college dorm so that may slow it down

11. Kamakzie macrumors member

I ordered it on the 6th, received shipping notification on the 8th and received it today on the 10th in Michigan.

12. wootwootman macrumors member

too bad i ordered it right before the weekend.....
    either way, ill still my case before i get my 'pod from amazon. probably my skin too

13. Guiguiga macrumors regular

Guiguiga

How do you like this case? Would you have pictures with the ipod inside of it? Does it have a hole for the bottom speaker?

14. Kamakzie macrumors member

My touch hasn't shipped yet.. :( The case bottom is open so the USB port and speaker are exposed. Can't wait to slide my new Touch into it!

15. SlamJam12 macrumors regular

Incase and Power Support

Does anyone know when the slider will be available for the iPod touch?

Better yet, does anyone know how long it took Incase to release their slider case for the iPhone 4? Also, how long it took Power Support to make their screen protectors for the iPhone 4?

16. johnnyboy360 macrumors regular

17. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

I probably wouldn't suggest it. I typically stay away from generic items, unless it's for a rather less expensive item. (i.e. Mp3 under $100)

18. Outrun1986 macrumors 6502

19. jmor macrumors 6502

I would say, in general, you get what you pay for with this type of thing.

20. Panther71 macrumors regular

Being new to iPod Touch, could someone recommend brands of cases to purchase? What is the Slider?

21. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

I would definetely suggest Switcheasy, although it seems they are kinda slow on developing cases for emerging products.... :sigh:

And the Slider is the Incase Slider (at least I think that's what you're referencing), but I wouldn't suggest it. Because it is a slider, scratches are developed once you put on the case.

22. Panther71 macrumors regular

Thanks for the reply. Have you gotten your new iPod Touch, yet? Since I want to use Best Buy gift certificates and some cash, I am patiently waiting for my local bb to get the 64 gb model in stock.

23. darknyt macrumors 6502a

Got notification yesterday mine was in and picked up today.

24. Panther71 macrumors regular

When the new Switcheasy models come out please let me know which one you recommend.

25. caribou123 macrumors member

The sad part is the answer is Sept 1 they became available!