Is this a good deal and is there anything missing?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by nick1516, May 6, 2009.

1. nick1516 macrumors 6502a

nick1516

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

1) No.

2) The fact that the seller doesn't know the specs, and that it only comes with a charger makes me think it's stolen. Also, that price is WAY low

3. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

No guarantee, someone who sounds like he just discovered what computers are yesterday... not a good omen. Who knows if, after receiving payment, he'll 'know' how to send it? ;)

4. pellets007 macrumors 6502a

pellets007

I would never buy from a seller who cannot form a sentence correctly. I concur, it seems stolen.

5. nick1516 thread starter macrumors 6502a

nick1516

6. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

In the mean time, console yourself with the old saying if something seems too good to be true, it usually is ;)

7. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

For reals. I was waiting for the line lower down that read "I'll send you a check of $____ and you deposit it, then send me back the difference, but keep $400 for your troubles" LOL

8. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

That or a 'send the money per Western Union to Nigeria' :p

9. modular macrumors regular

the other thing that is weird about it as there is a screenshot showing the laptop on, with the desktop and doc showing on the screen. if they are able to see the desktop and doc, they should easily be able to pull up the specs.

the seller has good feedback, so you'd probably make out ok. but again, its hard to tell what to pay for it because they don't list the specs. I'd pass on this.

10. vilim12 macrumors regular

You guys must have bad eyes, both sides of the topcase are cracked. NOT excellent shape if you ask me.

11. dsnort macrumors 68000

dsnort

12. Nocturnal22 macrumors 6502

I would buy one off ebay thats were i bought my Unibody Macbook Brand new and saved 200 bux and works great.

13. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

14. ddeadserious macrumors 6502a

ddeadserious

Bidding has ended, so my opinion on that Macbook is irrelevant. But I'll concur with the others and say that it's a possibility that it's stolen. I personally wouldn't buy a used Mac if it didn't at least come with the original system discs. I mean, some people don't see a reason to keep the box, it takes up space and whatever, but nobody throws away their system restore cds. The price that it ended at isn't that excellent, it's a good price nonetheless.

That being said, I purchased my Unibody Macbook off eBay and I think I got a pretty good deal, and there were no hitches along the way. Has been working great since I got it, and I can deal with the scratches on the lid.

My only gripe was that the seller shipped it in it's Apple box. Like... literally packed up the computer in its original packaging, took it into FedEx, slapped a label on it and off it went. It just bothered me to know that any of the multiple FedEx workers that handled it could have said "cool, a Macbook, I think I'll take this home". But alas, it arrived safe and sound.