Is this a good deal for a Logitech MX Revolution

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by daneoni, Aug 27, 2007.

1. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

I just saw the Logitech MX revolution for £35.00 ($70) including shipping. Normal MSRP for this is £50+($100). I was wondering if this is a good deal or if there is something cheaper?

I like my V270 which i use with my MBP but now i have an iMac i'd like to get a full fledged desktop mice for it instead of pairing and unpairing the mouse amongst both computers and the Mighty Mouse is NOT an option.

What do you guys think?

2. aerove macrumors 6502

aerove

where exactly did u find this deal ??? if its on craigslist be extra carefull about going ahead:apple:

3. daneoni thread starter macrumors G4

daneoni

4. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Not really, I've seen it around 40-50 sometimes.

5. mkgm1 macrumors regular

I reckon that's a pretty good deal. I bought mine for £50 when it first came out. It's an awesome mouse. If you can't get the MX you should know that the VX Revolution is also pretty good (I bought one for £20 to give you an idea).

6. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I got one from Amazon for $75 (had free shipping, but I opted for faster, but lets just go with $75 since I didn't have to pay for it). That had a $20 mail in rebate, bringing the price to $55 (once I get the rebate). Amazon also dropped the price of the mouse after I ordered, so I called up and got a price adjustment, bringing my grand total to $48. Good deal? If you were in the US and paying 70 bucks for it, not really. But I don't know what prices are like in the UK, and just because something may cost X dollars here, doesn't mean it will cost X dollars in another country (like healthcare and higher education, but I digress :D)

7. daneoni thread starter macrumors G4

daneoni

So i got the mouse yesterday and it was delivered today. It looks well dodgy. It looks new-ish but its definitely been modified....some numbers have been painted off, the rubber grip on the side has been scratched up a little.

Also it came in a freezer bag...bubbled wrapped not the original packaging and no installation CD. Basically it looks like it's either been made from an underground factory in China or its been lightly used from new.

The mouse works fine but i'm thinking of returning it. I guess paying £30+ means you're getting something worth £30. I would get the VX revolution but its kinda small for my hand for heavy desktop use. Looks like i'll either have to look on ebay or fork the £50 for a proper one.

BTW Pics are attached below

Attached Files:

8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Your mouse is definitely used. I just got one for $50 after rebate from buy.com and it happened to be new.

9. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Yikes....did that come direct from Amazon or from a Marketplace seller?

I got mine direct from Amazon and it was brand new in the retail packaging.

10. daneoni thread starter macrumors G4

daneoni

Yeah it is used and is on its way back

Marketplace Seller