Is this a good deal for Macbook 2008?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by enanh, Feb 13, 2012.

1. enanh macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I am looking to buy a MacBook 2008 for $600. Here is the model:
    http://www.everymac.com/systems/app...duo-2.4-white-13-early-2008-penryn-specs.html

The one I am getting also comes with:
    Adobe Photoshop CS5
    iLife 2011
    Microsoft Office 2011
    TechTool Pro (for hardware maintenance, diagnostics, data recovery)
    And of course all the goodies that come with Lion natively: FaceTime, iCloud, iTunes, iPhoto, iChat etc. etc.

Also loaded with Mac OS Lion and Windows 7 Ultimate.

Please respond with comments/thoughts. Thanks!
    E

2. simsaladimbamba

For the hardware it is okay.
    But you will probably not get the licenses and installation media for Windows, Photoshop and MS Office, which would mean, you have no right to use the software and are in violation of the EULA.
    If the software is indeed coming with installation media and licenses, then that is a steal.

3. enanh thread starter macrumors newbie

Good point! Let me ask that and get back to the thread.

----------

Just thought of this but if the computer is already installed and loaded with Photoshop, MS Office, then why would I need the licenses? I guess it's useful if have to reformat or something like that...

4. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

If you're buying the MacBook with Photoshop, iLife, MS Office 2011, then why would u need the license if it's already on there. The only way you would need a license is if you erased the HD and wanted to reinstall the software. I think you're fine. And I noticed that the newest MacBooks now sell for about $600 so you might want to go look at those on eBay or you could look here.