Is this a good deal? (G5 PM) (Help! I need to decide soon!)

Ryan T.

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 13, 2005
Rochester, NY
Hey all, I have a couple hours to snatch this up if I want it.

Stock PM G5 Rev A 1.6Ghz
768MB RAM
Superdrive
etc etc

perfect condition, no applecare

$800

opinions?

Ryan T.

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 13, 2005
Rochester, NY
Ryan T. said:
Got it :) Having trouble getting the Aiport to work, but other than that, smooth sailing.
found out he didn't give me the antenna

haha but a nice macrumors member is helping me out!

eXan

macrumors 601
Jan 10, 2005
Russia
Ryan T. said:
found out he didn't give me the antenna

haha but a nice macrumors member is helping me out!
Why did that "friend's friend" wanted to sell it? Especially for 800$???
:D just curious

Ryan T.

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 13, 2005
Rochester, NY
eXan said:
Why did that "friend's friend" wanted to sell it? Especially for 800$???
:D just curious
He bought it 2 years ago when they first came out, and decided Macs weren't for him. It's been sitting unused for 1.5+ years (and it shows, there wasn't even dust in the case).

Now he's moving, and rather tan lug around a computer he doesnt use, he wanted some cash. He actually was asking $1000, but since time was of the essence, he accepted an $800 offer :)

eXan

macrumors 601
Jan 10, 2005
Russia
Ryan T. said:
He bought it 2 years ago when they first came out, and decided Macs weren't for him. It's been sitting unused for 1.5+ years (and it shows, there wasn't even dust in the case).

Now he's moving, and rather tan lug around a computer he doesnt use, he wanted some cash. He actually was asking $1000, but since time was of the essence, he accepted an $800 offer :)
Lucky you! I wish somebody offered the same deal to me... :D

Ha! its cheaper than eMac :eek:

Ryan T.

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 13, 2005
Rochester, NY
eXan said:
Lucky you! I wish somebody offered the same deal to me... :D

Ha! its cheaper than eMac :eek:
:) I'm really enjoying it. I bought an Airport card for it, and I'm going to get a little more RAM in there. It's going to fly :)

Great situation for me, as I can admit (although painfully) that I don't need a Dual G5 for what I do, as I suspect many here don't. That being said I would buy one if money wasn't an issue. But with the cheapest Dual G5 1200 dollars more, this will suit me just fine.

eXan

macrumors 601
Jan 10, 2005
Russia
Ryan T. said:
:) I'm really enjoying it. I bought an Airport card for it, and I'm going to get a little more RAM in there. It's going to fly :)

Great situation for me, as I can admit (although painfully) that I don't need a Dual G5 for what I do, as I suspect many here don't. That being said I would buy one if money wasn't an issue. But with the cheapest Dual G5 1200 dollars more, this will suit me just fine.
Sometimes I ask myself: "why to i NEED iMac G5"? Yes i definetely WANT it to play games, and to do the same stuff that I do today + maybe Motion and Cinema 4D :D

But i dont NEED it. Arghhh :mad: