Is this a good deal on a 2015 MBP 15"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by xtac, Dec 7, 2016.

1. xtac macrumors newbie

Wasn't too impressed with the latest laptop offerings Apple released, so been waiting for a refurbished one to come in stock at the apple website and it finally did at $2199

http://www.apple.com/shop/product/F...-25ghz-quad-core-intel-i7-with-retina-display

But than I saw it cheaper for $1799 at the local microcenter, comes with 1 year apple warranty and option for buying additional apple care.

I even tried to get apple to price match they refused since its in store only thing. Rep even told me I should "jump on it at that price"

Any known issues with these models? I normally stay away from refurbished but the new offerings don't do it for me and its a shame because the screen & speakers are nice.

2. motime macrumors 6502

Refurbished models from Apple are as good as new if not better.

Also if you are getting one cheaper from a third party but it still has Apple care then you should be good to go. Make sure the apple care is eligible etc. Also ask them about a possible return policy while you check the computer out.

3. MH01 Suspended

MH01

Buy it. You have until 8th Jan to return it if not happy.

I just bought a 2015 refurb, like brand new. And I got extended return period if I am not happy

4. raqball macrumors 68000

Refurbished from Apple are good deals. On top of their very liberal return policy it comes with the full one year warranty and the ability to buy Apple Care + if you want..

5. xtac thread starter macrumors newbie

From micro center or Apple?

6. raqball macrumors 68000

Apple.. You'd have to check Microcenter return policy. Some places like BH do not allow the return of opened computers.. Not sure about Microcenter...

7. MH01 Suspended

MH01

Apple. They offer no question returns till 8th Jan