Is this a good deal on golf clubs

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by dukebound85, Sep 4, 2008.

1. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

they are asking 75

anyone who know clubs, is this a good deal?

Attached Files:

2. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

Not really unless they are like new. IMO, you're better off getting a beat up set of quality clubs than a set of the Spaldings in good shape. Golfers are always blaming their clubs and getting new ones so decent used sets are plentiful. I know.....:rolleyes:

3. sreedy macrumors 6502a

They look really really old school, small heads on both the Metal Woods and the irons! You'd be better off getting a decent half set of clubs if you are a beginner. That's what I started with, cost me about £75 so I expect you can get a deal in the US at $75!!

I only got a full set when I hit a 24 handicap, I was considering getting some new ones when I visit the US in 3 weeks but the £/$ situation has screwed by bargain down quite a bit to not really being worth it.... get them here when I get back!

4. pcguru83 macrumors 6502a

pcguru83

I'd highly recommend a set of irons from GigaGolf. They have the reputation of making the best "clone clubs" on the market today. Clone clubs are exactly what they sound like--they are clones of name brand clubs, using the same design and materials, but without the name.

Truthfully, until you get some experience and skill under your belt, all you need is a set of irons and a putter. Stick with the driving range, and simple Par 3 and Par 4 courses in the beginning.

Going with GigaGolf, you can get a brand new set of irons with putter for about $150-175. It's a bit more than what you're looking at here, but it's a quality product. I can vouch for them--I just bought a set of their C9 Ti irons about 2 months ago. They are clones of the PING Rapture series (which easily cost $800-900) and I paid $250 for them.

5. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

i used to play quite a bit until i had my clubs stolen from me and now will be working at a golf course (so free golf!!!) for the remainder of the season

figured i should pick up some clubs! ill have a look at GigaGolf clubs

thanks for the input guys